Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Destin, Florida (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's just the placeholder pin so we can't declare it a given yet. Tesla is usually pretty good at putting superchargers somewhere in the vicinity these pins but until we have evidence of an actual permit or photos of construction, we have to wait for more information.

Panama City is listed as now open, and Pensacola is listed as coming soon, so maybe the Destin one has been put on back burner. seems like with the Target stores partnership the Destin Target should eventually get one?

Looks like we may have been wrong. Destin FL supercharger has been removed from the Tesla map even though it has been pending for years now.

Panama City is listed as now open, and Pensacola is listed as coming soon, so maybe the Destin one has been put on back burner. seems like with the Target stores partnership the Destin Target should eventually get one?

One would hope, it would be an ideal location. I am about to head down there and will be relegated to charging off a 120 outlet for yet another year.

Tesla may be putting Destin a bit on the back burner, but I don't think that they've abandoned the possibility. In addition to the Target, next door is a Winn-Dixie. Both of these locations are good candidates for a Supercharger Station.

I think that Tesla will first want to see what level of traffic Panama City Beach brings and I know that they are aware of the need to expand Supercharging in the Panhandle. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Superchargers on the Panhandle "pop up" without ever having seen them on the Find Us map.

Larry

Pensacola maybe?!? It would be a great spot that would split the distance now between Mobile and DeFuniak. PLUS it would be great spacing between Pensacola and Panama City.

I've seen a number of maps where there has been a pin "Scheduled for 2019" and now "Scheduled for 2020". Coming soon .... Probably Scheduled for 2021.

There's a great spot immediately off of I-10 where the University Mall used to be. It's called University Town Center now. There's a brand new BJ's Wholesale Club and other stores in a strip mall. As well as fast food joints all up and down Davis Hwy. The exit/entrance ramps for I-10 are within about 200 yards. Can't beat that.

Thread bump, heading to Destin again this summer and hoping for a Destin SuperCharger by then. Do have a 110 available in the carport, which I used in addition to Panama City last year.
Well, Destin is no longer on Tesla's map for future supercharger locations since at least September 2020, so you can probably forget that hope. But they did open the Crestview supercharger early in 2021, and that will likely be an improvement over Panama City for you. It's at the intersection of FL-85 and I-10, just on the other side of Eglin.

The only other location on Tesla's map for the area is the Pensacola supercharger currently planned for Q2 2022.

Plenty of level 2's have shown up in the Destin area. ideal for that location now as it serves visitors more than travelers. Tesla focus now is more toward major travel locations routes. Superchargers at a destination tend to be crowded with local chargers inhibiting travelers.

Destin/Ft Walton/Mary Ester would be a perfect in between point from Pensacola to PCB for those that want to take the scenic route, while also allowing vacationers to grab a quick top-off after arriving in town. L2's suit the day to day just fine, but there are still a lot of people visiting this area every year whether it's passing through or sticking around for the week.