TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Supercharger locations in Norway

Discussion in 'Norway' started by marvinat0rz, May 31, 2013.

1. marvinat0rz

marvinat0rz Member

This will be old news to anyone who reads Norwegian internet papers today, but this isn't known to the general investing public yet - so I thought I'd make it explicit.

Elbil.no has looked at some applications for building public charging stations, which have been sent to local municipalities in Norway. These applications are quite obviously from Tesla Motors. Tesla doesn't confirm the rumor, but Esben Pedersen, spokesperson for Tesla in Norway, states that "This is not something we are reporting officially yet, but it is not completely wrong". I have only skimmed the articles; I can't find a reference to the timeframe but this might be found in the applications which should be publically available with some digging.

Applications have been filed for four locations, detailed in the maps at DN.no. The supercharger locations would enable driving between Bergen, Oslo and Trondheim, three of Norways biggest cities. The roads between these cities are among the most important routes for cross-country travel in Norway.

Source article: Superlading for Teslas elbiler i Norge
    Additional information, with maps: Her kommer Teslas superladere - DN.no

Note: The articles are in Norwegian. Don't have time to translate them right now, but Google Translate might do a decent job. The premise is that the charging will be free, eliminating fuel costs between these locations (the equivalent fuel cost would be in the region $100-$150).

2. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

What I liked most about the article is how he compares Norway with Sweden, and says it's a lot easier to get planning approval in Norway. That confirms that they are working on superchargers in Sweden. (I tried looking at recent planning applications in Tanum and Strømstad, but no luck.)

3. Hasse

Hasse Member

In Sweden, Karlstad, Jönköping, Örebro and Linköping are more probable SC locations.

4. Bearman

Bearman Member

Yes, I belive Tesla will connect Stockholm with Oslo first. I do think the Norwegians would like to have the Swedish west coast (E6) covered down to Gothenburg because I see alot of them there especially during the summer :smile:

Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden and its also a hub for connecting with the rest of Europe. You can either drive the E6 further down to Malmö (which is right next to Denmark) or take a ferry with your car from Gothenburg to Denmark or Germany. Also the west coast of Sweden has all the nice places to visit during the summer and is very popular because of its many islands and small towns etc.

5. Hasse

Hasse Member

Ah, forgot, Uddevalla to tie together west coast. Next to the south should be Copenhagen?

6. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Elon tweeted this last evening:

One of the first Tesla Supercharger stations in Europe is being built in Cinderella, Norway

Which is where, exactly? Is this for real?

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I show it next to Bergen. The tweet is real.

8. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Those of you who may be interested check out this thread on our local EV forum:

Detektivarbeid: Finne fremtidige Superchargers?

In the last few pages there are several very recent photos of construction work going on.

This is a photo from yesterday showing work being done at the Cinderella cafe location discussed in Elon's tweet:
    uploadfromtaptalk1374788202925.jpg

Also, check out this updated map (maintained by jkirkebo, active member here too):

Tesla SuperChargere i Norge

(Yellow means that work has been confirmed as started, green will mean operational)

9. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Wow, it looks like construction has begun on a pretty comprehensive network. Good news for all the expectant Tesla reservation holders in Norway!

10. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I am really interested to see what they did with the Type 2 connector and how much kW it will deliver. Interesting times :)