Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger map 3Q21 update - comments, complaints, surprises?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are talking about this in much more vague conceptual terms that are kind of missing the forest for the trees. It can be put much more simply than that.

Tesla DOES Supercharger coverage on INTERSTATE highways.
Tesla DOES NOT do Supercharger coverage on NON INTERSTATE highways.

Thank you, that is a good explanation for how they have built out their locations historically.

The more I think about it, though, I think this is starting to change. As RTPEV notes in a later reply,
Well said, although at least in some areas they are starting to hit the US highways pretty hard. One example I can point to is in southern VA (south of I-64, west of I-85 and east of I-81). That area is served mainly by US highways, and with Lynchburg (US-29), Farmville (US-15/US-460) and South Boston (US-501/US-360/US-58) some common travel corridors are being filled in now.

And even in N.C., with the recent addition of the New Bern supercharger, they have intentionally covered the East-West route of U.S. 70 from Raleigh to the Crystal Coast: Goldsboro, Kinston, New Bern. (Smithfield is close to this route, but really for I-95.)

There's also the relatively new location in Siler City, which has no interstate, but is at the junction of U.S. 64 and U.S 421.

On the other hand, even keeping to the "interstate rule", the lack of a convenient supercharger between Asheville and Charleston on I-26 is a mystery to me.

Reactions: RTPEV