Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't Elon say 13 locations covers the country in an H shape? I don't see it being in the hundreds or thousands in the first instance.

13 for one segment of the H, I think about 40 altogether.

I don't think they will stop anywhere specific, just that they will start building an H before they start adding many chargers for more specific local reasons.

I like how Elon said at the investor meeting that we'd be amazed at what they have to show us for the Supercharger network. I thought they would have announced things by now but looking forward to some official news soon.

I got the feeling while watching Elon during the shareholder meeting that the supercharger network could implement some type of battery swap system. It's being made out to be such a huge surprise and being the Model S has the quick swap capability, I wouldn't be suprised to see that this is part of it. Any one else agree?

I do :)

Supercharger stations that use solar and grid power to charge packs.... that you swap into your car as you arrive!

I had always thought they were staying away from battery swapping since you own your battery. Maybe they'll have a system where you lease the battery you borrow then have to return to pick your own battery back up. But if you're at a supercharging station and can basically fill up in an hour, I'm not sure if makes economic sense for Tesla to also get in the Better Place model of battery swapping.

I had always thought they were staying away from battery swapping since you own your battery. Maybe they'll have a system where you lease the battery you borrow then have to return to pick your own battery back up. But if you're at a supercharging station and can basically fill up in an hour, I'm not sure if makes economic sense for Tesla to also get in the Better Place model of battery swapping.

I agree. I know I'll take care of my battery. I'll keep it charged, charge it in the proper mode for maximal longevity, won't abuse the pack by driving like an idiot, won't drive it until it's drained, etc. I would be very reluctant to swap it out for a pack of unknown lineage unless/until they guaranteed some additional range warranty or something.

Reactions: kayak1 and boaterva
Maybe they'll have a system where you lease the battery you borrow then have to return to pick your own battery back up.

That's pretty much what Elon said a year ago: New details emerge on battery swap plans for Tesla Model S

But if you're at a supercharging station and can basically fill up in an hour, I'm not sure if makes economic sense for Tesla to also get in the Better Place model of battery swapping.

I agree. A battery swap station would be a much bigger investment than a supercharger.

My guess is this is a Supercharger on the Laval exit on the 5

Here are the local options.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]219B[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Laval Road West[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]57.3[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
dining.gif
[/FONT]
fuel.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Baskin Robbins
(@ Petro)
Chipotle
Del Taco (coming soon)
In-N-Out
Iron Skillet
(@ Petro)
McDonald's
Panda Express (DT)
Starbucks (DT)
Subway (@ Mobil)
Wendy’s (@ Petro)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chevron (D, MM)
Mobil (D, MM)
Petro (D)
[/FONT]
lodging.gif
[/FONT]
other.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Best Western - Liberty Inn[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Petro Travel Plaza[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Large grassy area near Petro[/FONT]

DC Tesla.JPG

My guess is this is a Supercharger on the Laval exit on the 5

Here are the local options.
DC Tesla 2.jpg

219BLaval Road West57.31.5
dining.gif
fuel.gif
Baskin Robbins
(@ Petro)
Chipotle
Del Taco (coming soon)
In-N-Out
Iron Skillet
(@ Petro)
McDonald's
Panda Express (DT)
Starbucks (DT)
Subway (@ Mobil)
Wendy’s (@ Petro)
Chevron (D, MM)
Mobil (D, MM)
Petro (D)
lodging.gif
other.gif
Best Western - Liberty InnPetro Travel Plaza
Large grassy area near Petro

This is true. As it stands I can probably get to Austin and back without a worry. Though I don't travel much and when I do I fly. So, I am not to concerned with it. It would make people change their minds finally though, for those who like to go out of town a lot.

For people with the 60 kWh pack with Supercharger access (even 85 kWh pack), it would open up travel between Dallas, Houston and San Antonio with maybe three superchargers. They don't need to connect LA to Florida from the start (they do at some point) but addressing travel within Texas is important considering the number of Model S owners that will be here.

A route along I10 would be better then a more northernly route in my opinion. They could cover from LA through Texas and break upward toward South Carolina and plus wouldn't have to traverse the Rockies.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2