Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how Tesla affords the installation/maintenance of these things without a fee of some sort.

Increased sales! It's really only on the order of about $20 million or so...maybe a little more. You can sell a lot of cars when you tell prospective customers they can drive anywhere in the country for free.

Capital investment for this will be spread across Model S, Model X, Model E, etc... customers.

No love for Maine apparently.
Or Vermont, though it looks like there's one just across the line in Hanover NH. I think Tesla has erred by not providing SC gateways to Cape Cod or to downeast Maine -- these are very popular vacation destinations.

I'm also surprised at the lack (in the 2-year plan) of a charger near Boise. Given the large Model S population in PacNW, I would have thought that Tesla might want to let them drive east without first detouring through Sacramento.

Ditto Minnesota. Why does Tesla keep on pretending Minnesota doesn't exist? No store, no service center, no supercharger within 2 years. This is the final straw.

Seriously? They'll have Superchargers all over the Minnesota area in 4 years! You should be excited! Who else is doing this? I know you're upset they won't be in the MN area right away, but you have to cut Tesla some slack. They can't build them everywhere all at once.

Some of my pics.
Bob Gurr of Disney Imagineering fame with me and Franz:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348543944.492801.jpg

Before the unveiling:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348544054.180366.jpg

Elon making his way through the crowd:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348544107.709197.jpg

Others have already covered the rest better than I can, but a couple more:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348544197.854794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348544236.128099.jpg

There's a RED dot on St.Louis in the 2-year plan diagram, but that dot is Blue in the Long term plan diagram...thinking they meant to leave it red...I hope so, STL would be an ideal place for a charger early on. Looks like I get some SuperCharger love even in Springfield, MO in the long term plan!