Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

Kevin Harney

Apr 30, 2008
Herndon, VA
No, not like that (although it does show a trend over time). And the numbers only show a cumulative total over time.

I have totalled the numbers per separate quarter. If there would be a bar for each quarter of each continent separately (and each continent would have it's own coloured bars), and all the subsequent quarters would be aligned on the horizontal line/axis, it would give you a different/better view, I think.

By the way, same could be done per month instead of per quarter.

Something like this post from jvonvokel ?

wart

Less Cowbell
Jun 1, 2014
DFW
So there is a month left in 2014 and there's still a sizable difference between "Coming Soon" and "2014" on the official North American Supercharger map. Anybody else think the map is overdue for a thorough update? Maybe to catch up with the timeline shown on the Europe map?

techmaven

Feb 27, 2013
So there is a month left in 2014 and there's still a sizable difference between "Coming Soon" and "2014" on the official North American Supercharger map. Anybody else think the map is overdue for a thorough update? Maybe to catch up with the timeline shown on the Europe map?

Yup. In the meantime, just mentally replace the label "2014" with "Winter 2014/2015" to prepare yourself.

NOLA_Mike

Grouchy
May 11, 2013
Hammond, LA
As long as the reason the map has not been updated is because they are all busy locating sites, acquiring permits, securing property and signing up contractors to install superchargers as fast as possible I can let it slide...

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
Yup. In the meantime, just mentally replace the label "2014" with "Winter 2014/2015" to prepare yourself.
To be safe, I think it should be just 2015.

hmmm, looks like we are getting very close to my prediction of 141 US SCs by Dec 31, 2014. Not that I take any joy from that...

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG

Lake Charles as of 3:30 today 2Dec14
Six stalls
One is pull forward
Two or three did not have connectors
Power probably not on.

Onward to Red Stick

spatterso911

P100DL - Raven
Mar 3, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Just used the Rancho Cucamonga Supercharger site, and can confirm 135kW and 12 charging stalls, 14 marked Tesla spots. The supercharger is located at a large outdoor mall area with over 30 restaurants, numerous mid to high end stores, and access to the 15 and 210 freeways. This makes travel to Vegas from San Diego, Palm Springs from LA very comfortably possible. The Rancho Cucamonga site is also the world's largest supercharger site at this moment in time (according to Tesla Supercharger wiki at time of post), with 12 bays, and 135kW as a bonus. The site is well lit, easily accessible. Far less likely to get ICE'd.

A more likely location would be along I80 around Stroudsburg, PA but this is just speculation. Another guess which seems likely would be at The Crossings Premium Outlet Mall in Tannersville, PA.

I added this to the site-specific Allentown thread:

Allentown appears dead, but Supercharger team replied to an unrelated question saying they were "actively scouting" a location in Tannersville, PA.

BTW-- what's the deal with site specific Supercharger discussions?? Some are under this "Charging Standards" category and some are under the regional ones.... is there a hard/fast rule in place?

ericallyn

Jan 2, 2013
Skaneateles, NY
The crossroad of I80 and I81 seems to be an ideal place for a Supercharger, now that Allentown appears dead. Important N/S as well as E/W interstates...

I added this to the site-specific Allentown thread:

Allentown appears dead, but Supercharger team replied to an unrelated question saying they were "actively scouting" a location in Tannersville, PA.

BTW-- what's the deal with site specific Supercharger discussions?? Some are under this "Charging Standards" category and some are under the regional ones.... is there a hard/fast rule in place?

David99

Jan 31, 2014
Brea, Orange County
... with 12 bays, and 135kW as a bonus.

I assume the 135 kW is the total power it can output when two cars are charging. I have yet to see anyone that was able to charge higher than at 120 kW. Maybe a newer battery pack will allow it. Although in general, I think the max charge rate is fine, if it would stay at 120 kW for the entire charge session (or at least up to 80-90%) , that would be a huge improvement.

Robert.Boston

Model S VIN P01536
Oct 7, 2011
Portland, Maine, USA
Couldn't find anything in a search........anyone ever seen a map of major roads color-coded for #cars utilizing?
This DOT map indicates trucking volume, but that's not quite what you're asking.

- - - Updated - - -

So if you're really interested, all the data is (non-graphically) located from DOT here. Each road segment has a field "AADT" which is the average daily traffic. You'll need some good GIS software to cope with this volume of data.

Someone has done a high-level map using this info:
9192304528_d22e85e3be_c_d.jpg

Bighorn

Top Supercharger
Jun 19, 2013
Big Horn, Wyoming
The tentative build site in Sheridan, WY at the Taco Johns has fallen through according to an email I just received from the owner. I'm working on putting together some new options.

PeterK

Model X & 3 Owner
Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MA
After a long wait, New England is finally getting on the map in a serious way. Sagamore opened in the fall, West Hartford and Auburn will be on in the next week or so, Brattleboro and Hooksett are under construction, West Springfield is in the public approval process and Portland and Portsmouth are rumored. All we need are West Lebanon/WRJ, Burlington and someplace else in Maine once the others are done. Thanks to Tesla and the construction crews!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC