Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonderful!

If that hotel and Model S owner would apply for Destination Charger(s), Tesla might pay for installation costs in addition to providing the HPWC's, and get something in Gillette very soon. Some 80 Amp HPWC's at a hotel in Gillette could bring him some good business and help bridge this Supercharger gap in the short term. As I have said many times, L2 charging while you sleep is painless.

I texted him the suggestion. I'm assuming the Sheridan and Gillette installs will happen fairly concurrently.

Squinting at the "Coming Soon" map, here are the sites I see: ...

Drummondville, QC (site known, slowly under construction)

Notably absent: Greenville SC, Tallahassee FL, Portsmouth NH, Portland ME, Allentown PA, Harrisburg PA, Effingham IL, Columbia MO, Gillette WY

Thanks for saving the wear on everyone else's eyes.

Unfortunately, construction in Drummondville has halted. The earliest it could possibly restart would be January 5th (mandatory construction worker holiday until then). There are rumors that no more work will be done until the Spring.

To notably absent you can add Montreal (Store and Service Center) and Rocklin (SC) which are under construction. Perhaps, like in a case in Chicago, they have no intention of publicizing these 2-stall Service Center sites.

Yes, thanks emupilot

yea! I-80 across NV will be doable after all! :wink: Like there was doubt. (The dots on that route that had been on the map for a year or more left some doubt)

one note: the town of Tooele UT is several miles south of I-80. While that SC will be in Tooele county, it looks like the SC will be in Lake Point, which is really just an on/off ramp w a truck stop and some fast food. That's, of course, judging by the spot of the red dot, which could move anytime)

I bet somebody out there wants to know how to pronounce "Tooele" :smile:

(LMB spouse)

Using the excellent data from supercharge.info, I count 1712 Tesla stalls open as of tonight! That's an average of over five and a half stalls per station.

@Blueshift, if you're reading this, I think a prominent display of the open stall count would help Tesla win the VHS/Betamax charging standards war. The number of Tesla stations is often compared unfavorably to the total number of e.g. CHAdeMO chargers by people who don't understand the difference.

For comparison though some members are comparing the ease of roll out in Europe but if you look at the supercharging stations many of them only have two stalls which is significantly easier to build than 6 dedicated stalls for north america

Hi,

this only applies to France and seems to be a bureaucracy issue. At least one French SuC has now been changed from "temporary installation" to 4 stalls. Thus I'm guessing that more wil go "permanent" soon.

Our German SuCs usually have 6-8 stalls, since people from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, Switzerland and Austria all have to go through Germany to get to their respective holiday destinations.
I guess that's the reason for Germany's SuC density despite dismal sales...

Frank

Last edited:
Talk about ending the year with momentum. 15 super charges have gone live in just the last 4 days!!
supercharger list.PNG

Regarding the 2015 Supercharger map of North America:

Without counting the red dots, I would say that there must be about 280 red dots on that map. Meaning that the current number of Supercharger stations in North America is (almost) going to be doubled before 2016.

Regarding the 2015 Supercharger map of North America:

Without counting the red dots, I would say that there must be about 280 red dots on that map. Meaning that the current number of Supercharger stations in North America is (almost) going to be doubled before 2016.

Assuming they keep to the schedule--right now they are behind on the 2014 map by something like fifty. I'd suggest that they'll put in almost all the 2015 dots by June 2016. This is still very good progress, and something that no one else is doing (of course, everyone wants more and faster, including me). In addition, they are all in places that people will actually use, as opposed to locations that are just silly (there's a thread on this somewhere) or have limited access (at a car dealer for example).