Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow missed that they'd updated the maps. It looks like they took my (and probably others') suggestion for I-44 in MO to put the chargers in Fort Leonard Wood and Joplin rather than Springfield! Good news...bad news, it's not until the 2016 map.

Completely redesigned Tesla Motors website - Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

Very limited information on the Model X page.

They've also eliminated useful information. It no longer tells us the number of superchargers in various regions, just the total. And it's inaccurate, but I hope that will be fixed soon.

The growing difference between counts on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page and Supercharger.Info seems to be some Service Centers that have Superchargers, that Tesla does not put on their "Find Us" page, but are on Supercharger.Info. For example Chicago, Grand Ave is on Supercharger.Info, but not on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page. Grand Ave only has one Supercharger Cabinet and two stalls. Perhaps the lack of redundancy with a single Supercharger Cabinet is the deciding factor.

Are the service center SCs identified in the nav system?

Some are and some are not. For example, the Highland Park, IL Service Center is on the Find Us page and the Nav screen, but the Chicago, Grove Ave, IL Service Center is not on either. Highland Park has two Supercharger Cabinets and four Charging Stalls, and Grove Ave has one Supercharger Cabinet and two Charging Stalls.

Maybe that's why Columbus was so popular this afternoon? Three cars charging at once when I was there. I've never seen it so busy. Soon we'll be complaining like a Californian about having to wait a few minutes.

Newark SC was jammed tonight about 6:30. All four bays full and two cars waiting. I live close and was going to do an experiment of TACC vs no assist at 65mph for the 6.1 firmware group. Bagged the experiment as I did not want to take away charging opportunity from travelers.
I agree that we will need more than 4 stations in Newark soon.

They've also eliminated useful information. It no longer tells us the number of superchargers in various regions, just the total. And it's inaccurate, but I hope that will be fixed soon.

In Massachusetts two supercharger locations are now missing in the updated Tesla supercharger pages for either coming soon or by 2015
1) Auburn (now live)
2) Dedham (permit)

From supercharger.info
tesla map of superchargers missing.PNG

Newark SC was jammed tonight about 6:30. All four bays full and two cars waiting. I live close and was going to do an experiment of TACC vs no assist at 65mph for the 6.1 firmware group. Bagged the experiment as I did not want to take away charging opportunity from travelers.
I agree that we will need more than 4 stations in Newark soon.

Didn't we hear a rumor they were building 4 more on the other side?

- - - Updated - - -

In Massachusetts two supercharger locations are now missing in the updated Tesla supercharger pages for either coming soon or by 2015
1) Auburn (now live)
2) Dedham (permit)

From supercharger.info
View attachment 68937

Auburn is there. It was there earlier today when I checked when the new website was launched.

Didn't we hear a rumor they were building 4 more on the other side?

- - - Updated - - -

Auburn is there. It was there earlier today when I checked when the new website was launched.

If you look at the 2016 map, I-95 is absolutely blanketed between DC and NY. Not sure if they'll be upgrading DE or not (they probably should), but if they put in as many Chargers as are shown on that map, they may not need to.