Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if anyone reported this yet, but the Sales, Service, and Delivery Center near Cleveland at 5180 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, OH 44124 has a Supercharger in the Service Area. Now this is an area that is only open during business hours (M-F 8-6), but I'm sure they'll help in a pinch.

Also, it's a spot that has a ton of CPO Model S.

Stopped by to have them look our car over after driving here from California on an Eastbound journey. They are not putting that SC on the map 'cause of the limited hours and availability.

Are you referring to the single supercharger located indoors? Or have they installed others?

Memphis and Nashville

I'm about to go take updated pics of the Knoxville, TN supercharger. If I get a chance to ask I'll see what they know about Nashville, Memphis or wherever they are going next.

See Knoxville supercharger - where for my updates.

Memphis and Nashville really need a SC. Tennessee was part of the 6 states of the EV Project. Look at the map I posted, such a baron area for a state which has invested in EVs, and does not inhibit the sale of Tesla's. I hope Tesla puts an emphasis here in this area.
SC Map.png

The next step north on I-95 has been found at Seabrook, New Hampshire, just north of where I-495 rejoins I-95 north of Boston. Good location; I hope this is a precursor to a continued march up I-95 through Maine.

Some I emailed in Augusta Code Enforcement replied that she wasn't aware of any application yet.
I've emailed Bangor Code Enforcement but not yet had a reply.

They could still have to go through planning first if they need a zoning exception. I don't see anything for Tesla on Augusta or Bangor's sites.

Don't know if anyone reported this yet, but the Sales, Service, and Delivery Center near Cleveland at 5180 Mayfield Road, Lyndhurst, OH 44124 has a Supercharger in the Service Area. Now this is an area that is only open during business hours (M-F 8-6), but I'm sure they'll help in a pinch.

Also, it's a spot that has a ton of CPO Model S.

Stopped by to have them look our car over after driving here from California on an Eastbound journey. They are not putting that SC on the map 'cause of the limited hours and availability.

Well, this limited hours supercharger station, in Cleveland just showed up on the map (supercharge.info). That makes two of them in the USA (West Palm Beach FL is the other) with limited hours and availability.

Oh, is that what that is? There is one of those in Fairfax, VA, too--I wondered if it might be a supercharger.

Yes, that black blob on the upper left corner of the Supercharger door is a cellular data modem; every Supercharger Cabinet has one. The long cables on these Stand-Alone Supercharger Cabinets are also very interesting, but make a lot of sense in a Service Center application. This one seems to have the cables going into the next room (or perhaps, outside).

Yes, that black blob on the upper left corner of the Supercharger door is a cellular data modem; every Supercharger Cabinet has one. The long cables on these Stand-Alone Supercharger Cabinets are also very interesting, but make a lot of sense in a Service Center application. This one seems to have the cables going into the next room (or perhaps, outside).

I took this picture during the owner's preview/Black Diamond test drive event, which was a few weeks before the service center technically opened (and they were clearly still in the process of building it out). It's likely that this cabinet's location was temporary.

It's even possible that it is not there anymore, though it makes all the sense in the world to have a Supercharger at a service center--particularly a high-volume center.

I took this picture during the owner's preview/Black Diamond test drive event, which was a few weeks before the service center technically opened (and they were clearly still in the process of building it out). It's likely that this cabinet's location was temporary.

It's even possible that it is not there anymore, though it makes all the sense in the world to have a Supercharger at a service center--particularly a high-volume center.

That install looks pretty permanent to me. Notice the large conduit from the back of the Supercharger Cabinet to the "Shutdown Switch" on the wall to the left. Also note that the conduit to the switch comes from the left where it appears that the feeds to the 480V to 208V transformers come from. (The transformers are the short vented boxes, brownish and darker grey)

What is on the other side of that wall?

... There is one of those in Fairfax, VA, too--I wondered if it might be a supercharger.

c263beb5e70ba7218caf1cc384debdb1.jpg

The "inside service center" superchargers look just like the ones they used at the "Get Amped" event in LA a few years ago. Of course, at those events, they tried to hide the superchargers from sight, but a few of us managed to sneak a quick peak at them.

That install looks pretty permanent to me. Notice the large conduit from the back of the Supercharger Cabinet to the "Shutdown Switch" on the wall to the left. Also note that the conduit to the switch comes from the left where it appears that the feeds to the 480V to 208V transformers come from. (The transformers are the short vented boxes, brownish and darker grey)

What is on the other side of that wall?

See page 10 at the link; there may have been some changes, but this is the basic layout they were using.

http://ldsnet.fairfaxcounty.gov/ldsnet/ldsdwf/4467780.PDF

c9ac71b5816a567ba13b9be29b87fdf6.jpg

The other side of the wall is the "Open Sales/Service Area;" the picture was taken in the area immediately to the left of the service bays.

See page 10 at the link; there may have been some changes, but this is the basic layout they were using.

http://ldsnet.fairfaxcounty.gov/ldsnet/ldsdwf/4467780.PDF

The other side of the wall is the "Open Sales/Service Area;" the picture was taken in the area immediately to the left of the service bays.

Those two little horizontal ovals in the lower right of "Open Sales/Service Area" could easily be Supercharger Pedestals, and that would be a perfect place to have them for topping up demo cars and customer cars before delivery. Those probable Supercharger Pedestals are directly on the other side of the wall from the Supercharger cabinet in your picture. Someone should look closer when they can.

BTW, a single Supercharger Cabinet needs 180 Amps, 480 Volts, 3-phase. With conventional breakers, that means a 3-phase 225 Amp breaker, or enough power for about 10 suburban houses in Fairfax! In Colorado, if you were looking for a location with this much power, they would wonder if you were setting up a grow house. :biggrin:

Those two little horizontal ovals in the lower right of "Open Sales/Service Area" could easily be Supercharger Pedestals, and that would be a perfect place to have them for topping up demo cars and customer cars before delivery. Those probable Supercharger Pedestals are directly on the other side of the wall from the Supercharger cabinet in your picture. Someone should look closer when they can.

BTW, a single Supercharger Cabinet needs 180 Amps, 480 Volts, 3-phase. With conventional breakers, that means a 3-phase 225 Amp breaker, or enough power for about 10 suburban houses in Fairfax! In Colorado, if you were looking for a location with this much power, they would wonder if you were setting up a grow house. :biggrin:

They are actually at the other end of the building from the white box--that pic was taken on the far left side. But I agree those look like pedestals. They are labeled with what look like numbers but on quick review I didn't see a legend.

It could be they've moved them or maybe they aren't using pedestals at all if they have the longer cables seen in the pic from OH above. But, yes--someone should take a look the next time they are out there!

Looking at the numbers (the change log at supercharge.info) it is clear that the speed of opening has really slowed down. Permits and under construction are on the same level as before. One of the explanations is the sites that are for ever under construction. In Europe it seems that Italy, France and United Kingdom are the slow ones.