Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Europe it seems that Italy, France and United Kingdom are the slow ones.

We have info that the UK is temporarily on hold: they have sites ready to build, but are holding off because there is a potential multi-site deal that would overlap with those individual sites. Depending on negotiations, they will proceed with plan A or plan B shortly (info from head of Tesla UK at an owners' meeting recently).

Last edited:
Maumee > Albany is now 160 miles shorter via Kingston ON as opposed to the old torturous route thru Newark DE. That is nothing to sneeze at!!

So Chicagoland > North/Central New England now has a much more enticing choice, eh? :smile:

Maumee > Comber > Woodstock > Toronto > Kingston > Utica > Albany
--

Maumee > Albany is now 160 miles shorter via Kingston ON as opposed to the old torturous route thru Newark DE. That is nothing to sneeze at!!

So Chicagoland > North/Central New England now has a much more enticing choice, eh? :smile:

Maumee > Comber > Woodstock > Toronto > Kingston > Utica > Albany
--

It will be even shorter when Buffalo opens...take the south side of Lake Ontario!

2015 trends NOT looking good !! :crying:

2015Superchargers OPEN in US
January14
February12
March10
April6
May2

I agree that this trend does not look good, but there are several "almost open" sites, perhaps some stealth sites, and hopefully there will be an increased construction rate with the summer/fall season.

Almost open sites include Newburgh NY, Buffalo NY, Knoxville TN, San Diego CA, and Pendleton OR. Maybe a few of those will open this month...

Blueshift..... if you are listening - and I know you are - LOL maybe adding a chart to your site showing annual trends by month. Openings and then if you are ambitious constructions and permits. Does anyone know of an easy way to extract those numbers rather than just go through and count ? I could chart in excel if I can get the numbers.

EDIT: I got the numbers. Charts hopefully coming soon.

Last edited:
Not really as good as I was hoping to show trends but here it is ....

Supercharger trends.JPG

I think the problem is that sometimes we don't know about a site until it's under construction, so some sites don't get counted as being permitted at all. I think that's why the number of total permits seems so much lower. If we had a good count of all the permits, it would be a good forward-looking indicator of what's coming. Maybe if you could count a site that went into construction but didn't get counted as being permitted as both construction and permit at the same time. Obviously that would be more complicated to compile the data because you need to check each construction count to see if it has been counted as permitted or not at some point in the past.

Regardless, thanks for putting together the graph!

I've been wondering when they would wake up to the need to allow Bears and Packer fans to drive to away games. Now they just need to make it possible for Vikings and Packers fans to do likewise. The closest town to the midpoint in the 288 miles between Lambeau and Vikings stadium is Withee, 141 from Lambeau and 147 from Eden Prairie, but that's probably a bit far in Wisconsin/Minnesota winter weather, and there's only a single cafe. Thorp is another option (149 miles from Lambeau), and that has a Subway, MickeyD's, the Thorpedo restaurant and a motel just off the highway. The Eau Claire SC is a bit out of the way, although it could certainly work initially, and in good conditions (104 from Vikings stadium); one in Lake Hallie/Chippewa Falls near the junction of U.S. 53/S.R. 29 would be better. Wausau (U.S. 51/S.R. 29) or Rothschild (I-39/S.R. 29) is an obvious spot, but it's only 90 miles from Lambeau, so probably too far from the Twin Cities for a single SC stop in winter weather. You'd need Eau Claire/Lake Hallie/Chippewa Falls as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering when they would wake up to the need to allow Bears and Packer fans to drive to away games. Now they just need to make it possible for Vikings and Packers fans to do likewise. The closest town to the midpoint in the 288 miles between Lambeau and Vikings stadium is Withee, 141 from Lambeau and 147 from Eden Prairie, but that's probably a bit far in Wisconsin/Minnesota winter weather, and there's only a single cafe. Thorp is another option (149 miles from Lambeau), and that has a Subway, MickeyD's, the Thorpedo restaurant and a motel just off the highway. The Eau Claire SC is a bit out of the way, although it could certainly work initially, and in good conditions (104 from Vikings stadium); one in Lake Hallie/Chippewa Falls near the junction of U.S. 53/S.R. 29 would be better. Wausau (U.S. 51/S.R. 29) or Rothschild (I-39/S.R. 29) is an obvious spot, but it's only 90 miles from Lambeau, so probably too far from the Twin Cities for a single SC stop in winter weather. You'd need Eau Claire/Lake Hallie/Chippewa Falls as well.

Squinting at the Tesla 2015 map, it looks like Tesla's plan is to put Superchargers in both Green Bay and Wausau, WI.