Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited Amador Plaza Rd today. The Chrysler/Jeep signs were off the building. 1/3 of the lot was empty but there were still about a hundred jeep/... products on the lot. There was activity at the dealership, perhaps winding down business. Perhaps Chysler/Jeep has done a months rent back while they vacate. Others closer to Dublin will have to monitor and report as time goes by, I'll be out of the area. It's a good location.... but it will be a while before a supercharger is live at this location. My guess.... Labor Day time frame.

Just arrived at the Springfield / Eugene superchargers. Already chased off 2 cars trying to ice the superchargers! Here's a pic of the 4 already icing the superchargers...
46841440360247708d01a8a31e2adaae.jpg

I'm planning to speak to the Holiday Inn staff as this is their parking lot...

Just arrived at the Springfield / Eugene superchargers. Already chased off 2 cars trying to ice the superchargers! Here's a pic of the 4 already icing the superchargers...
46841440360247708d01a8a31e2adaae.jpg

I'm planning to speak to the Holiday Inn staff as this is their parking lot...
When I was there a couple of weeks ago they had cones that blocked casual parkers. The lot was very full on two occasions I was there, so I can see why there is an on-going problem at that location.

Does this site have any signage? The four ICE'd spots don't appear to have any, but it looks like the spot to the right might have a sign. Without signage, it's hopeless. Drivers will have no idea what the Tesla pedestals are.

Interesting to see how both Culver City and Redondo Beach are in the top 10 even though both are pretty close to Hawthorne. I bet Hawthorne is still in the top 20 and only dropped because it now has a lot of HPWC that people use now. Just shows how high the demand is in cities.

Interesting to see how both Culver City and Redondo Beach are in the top 10 even though both are pretty close to Hawthorne. I bet Hawthorne is still in the top 20 and only dropped because it now has a lot of HPWC that people use now. Just shows how high the demand is in cities.

The few times that I've swung by Hawthorne since both CC and RB were opened it was pretty empty (except of course on Tesla "announcement" events.) I would surmise that it actually dropped.

The HPWC at the location, on the other hand, seems to be used a lot.

From the Amsterdam service center:

An earlier version of that used to be at Hawthorne. See SPOTTED: A Daily Photo Thread From the Hawthorne Supercharger Station

Please post as many views of that as you can. Create a new thread if you want.

It is interesting to look at derived data. 2,985 kWh delivered at San Juan Capistrano to 87 cars means the average car got 34.3 kWh of charge. Because the average Charging time was 38 minutes, that means the average charging rate was 54 kW. That means that many cars were there topping up into the taper, there was a lot of near 100% charging, there was a lot of sharing, or some combination of those issues.

Because the average Charging time was 38 minutes, that means ...

Just a side note. When I watched the screen in Hawthorne (while it was still up) it showed the data from all the top 10 stations and strangely enough, they all showed 38 min of average charge time. All of them. I doubt that's correct. Maybe the 38 min is a global average.
20141211_154200.jpg

Last edited:
An earlier version of that used to be at Hawthorne. See SPOTTED: A Daily Photo Thread From the Hawthorne Supercharger Station

Please post as many views of that as you can. Create a new thread if you want.

It is interesting to look at derived data. 2,985 kWh delivered at San Juan Capistrano to 87 cars means the average car got 34.3 kWh of charge. Because the average Charging time was 38 minutes, that means the average charging rate was 54 kW. That means that many cars were there topping up into the taper, there was a lot of near 100% charging, there was a lot of sharing, or some combination of those issues.

Yes, I've posted pictures of the Hawthorne screen when it was up. I'm from LA but I'm on vacation in Europe right now. I don't have any pics, hopefully it shows up in the car on version 7.

Status of "Coming Soon" superchargers

Here's this month's update on the status of the North American "Coming Soon" superchargers as updated by Tesla in April. Only two new superchargers opened in North America in the last month, but the pace of construction has quickened considerably and there may be about a dozen openings in the coming month.

LocationSite Known?Status
San Diego, CAyesoperational but no access
Bishop, CAnounknown
Los Gatos area, CAnounknown
Pendleton, OR
yes
operational
Baker City, ORyesunder construction
Boise, ID
yes
in permitting
Sheridan, WYyesin permitting