Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was charging at the Albany NY supercharger on Friday and noticed someone had parked an ICE in one of the spots. I called Tesla support and was transferred to Tesla Technical support. The person I spoke with had no idea what to do and suggested that I call the property management for the location. I semi-politely told him that I was done charging and did not know what the protocol was to let Tesla know that someone was parking a non-Tesla vehicle in a Supercharger stall.

Hopefully I just happened to get a new person who did not know how to handle the situation but if there are no consequences for ICE vehicles parking in Supercharger spots, Tesla is going to have a huge problem.

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
Hopefully I just happened to get a new person who did not know how to handle the situation but if there are no consequences for ICE vehicles parking in Supercharger spots, Tesla is going to have a huge problem.
Unfortunately, the nature of the relationship at most Supercharger locations is that if there aren't local laws about parking an ICE at an EV spot, the property owner has to address the situation. That said, Tesla has a relationship with the property owner and should be able to contact them on owners' behalf.

I was charging at the Albany NY supercharger on Friday and noticed someone had parked an ICE in one of the spots. I called Tesla support and was transferred to Tesla Technical support. The person I spoke with had no idea what to do and suggested that I call the property management for the location. I semi-politely told him that I was done charging and did not know what the protocol was to let Tesla know that someone was parking a non-Tesla vehicle in a Supercharger stall.

Did you happen to notice what nomenclature was used on the sign? Many SC sites have mixed use parking so ICE parking is permitted.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Did you happen to notice what nomenclature was used on the sign? Many SC sites have mixed use parking so ICE parking is permitted.
Yes. Sometimes that's because of the local zoning laws and sometimes it's because of the property owner's demands. An EV spot is similar to a handicapped spot in that it doesn't count towards the number of general parking spaces, which is why zoning sometimes plays a role.

iirc correctly, 2/6 spots sport the dreaded mention of general parking, but during the holiday season there will be heavy ICEing of all stalls. It's close to the entrance of a major shopping center. Fortunately, LEE, MA, Queensbury, NY, and Kingston, NY all opened this Summer, so Albany can usually be bypassed.

135981.jpg

I would like to consolidate conversations about charging rate, preferably at the newer supercharger installs so that we can eliminate the variables of wear, tear, and aging.

As I posted early in the Gothenburg and Memphis threads, I think these new Supercharger installs offer a great opportunity for the user base to decipher if Tesla has in fact instituted geofencing. Please, anyone charging at a new install chime in. List distance from primary residence, ambient temp, starting SOC, and charge rate. My bet is they haven't, as there are almost certainly better ways to limit or restrict locals from abusing Superchargers. We need a local charging at the same time as a long-distance driver on non-paired chargers, and then after 5 minutes for those 2 to swap spaces.

For now, I am not looking to rehash debate on the merits and negatives of locals supercharging, just trying to find test cases to determine if there is systemic evidence of locals being limited to lower charging rates.

The following is a list of the superchargers which opened in the last month and upcoming superchargers TMC has heard about. Sites with a known location (and a couple others known to be in permitting) are shown at supercharge.info; details of all sites are at the Supercharger Progress wiki. About 12 new North American stations opened over the last month, and we should expect around 10-12 new openings this month.

LocationSite Known?Status
Birmingham, AL yes operational
Fish Camp, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Fremont (Kato Road), CA yes under construction hiatus
Groveland, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Santa Ana, CA yes awaiting power on / testing
Santa Nella, CA yes operational
South Lake Tahoe, CA no unknown
Brush, CO no in permitting
Loveland, CO yes under construction
Naples, FL yes under construction
Kuttawa, KY no unknown
Aberdeen, MD maybe in permitting?
Cumberland, MD maybe in site negotiations
Bay City, MI yes operational
Alexandria, MN no unknown
Clearwater, MN yes under construction
Joplin, MO yes operational
Springfield, MO yes operational
Lima, MT yes awaiting transformer & hookup
Statesville, NC yes in permitting
Fargo, ND no searching for site
Gothenburg, NE yes operational
Grand Island, NE yes under construction
Lincoln, NE yes under construction
Ogallala, NE yes operational
Lincoln, NH yes operational
Las Cruces, NH maybe in site negotiations
Santa Fe, NM yes in permitting
Las Vegas (L.V. Blvd.), NV yes under construction
Tarrytown, NY yes operational
Bandon, OR yes operational
Klamath Falls, OR yes in permitting
Moosic, PA yes under construction
Columbia, SC yes operational
Myrtle Beach, SC yes in permitting
Jackson, TN yes operational
Memphis, TN yes operational
Arlington, TX yes in permitting
Fort Stockton, TX yes in permtitting
Junction, TX yes awaiting power on / testing
Kingsville, TX yes operational
Midland, TX maybe unknown?
Ozona, TX yes under construction
Texarkana, TX maybe in permitting
Van Horn, TX no in permitting
Wichita Falls, TX no in site selection
Aberdeen, WA yes under construction
Green Bay, WI no unknown
Stevens Point, WI no unknown
Wausau, WI yes operational
Morgantown, WV no unknown
Wheatland, WY no unknown
Fort McLeod, AB yes operational
Merritt, BC yes under construction
Oakville, ON yes under construction
Lévis, QC no unknown

Reactions: Bet TSLA
I'm excited about the new Twentynine Palms, CA Supercharger that Tesla tweeted last night. It'll be a key pitstop on the direct, off-Interstate route between Palm Springs and Las Vegas. We will appreciate it on our trips to Joshua Tree National Park, especially since we like to take the back roads (CA-18, CA-247, and CA-62) rather than I-10. It'll also be quite helpful for those visiting the US Marine Corps base nearby.

Looks like Colby, KS will make the drive between Goodland and Hays a little less nerve-wracking. Nice to see them filling in Wyoming and shortening the distances between locations in South Dakota as well. While these routes aren't the most populated, the temperatures, wind and long distances between Superchargers can make the drive challenging. Lots of other states such as New Mexico and Texas filling in as well.