Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting people to charge at home instead of at Superchargers is one of the big efforts for all of us collectively. It means making it easier for that want to have home charging to get it, whether it be in an apartment or condo parking garage or lowering the cost of L2 charging installation. Tesla has done a great job of lowering the HPWC cost. A more robust L2 charging infrastructure should help take the load off of L3 charging, especially in CA where it seems a lot of L3 charging use is not for long distance travel.

Encouraging workplaces to install chargers is another push that needs to be made. There are a lot of people who live in places where they can't have an assigned parking place. Older apartments, small apartment buildings, and some old houses have no option but to park on the street and nobody knows which spot they will get from day to day. These people would probably welcome being able to charge at their workplace during the day.

Now, Model 3 really starts to ramp in Q4. And I suspect the Supercharging plans have been on hold as of late as Tesla has been spending cash on the factory upgrades. As that spend winds down a little, I suspect the Supercharging capex will ramp aggressively in Q3 and Q4.

Tesla may be able to do another capital raise now that the stock price is up. That would set the hair on fire of the FUD crowd, but it probably would help their expansion plans.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but even the Supercharger stanchions are growing moss in Oregon!

33951280281_f7f5c6fdea_z.jpg

^ Woodburn OR, 18 March 2017

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but even the Supercharger stanchions are growing moss in Oregon!

^ Woodburn OR, 18 March 2017

The North-favoring moss are actually the long-awaited upgrade to the navigation system. Though, Isuppose in Oregon's humidity the moss grows on both sides of the pedestals, so depending on the upgrade will get you lost there as often as with the old system.

Lots of inaccuracies on the findus page. Many existing superchargers are shown in gray rather than red. I imagine they'll fix this soon. Wrong placement too.
It's possible that the existing ones that are gray are locations that are being expanded. In other cases, the gray pins are in the city, not the actual location where they will be built.

Lots of inaccuracies on the findus page. Many existing superchargers are shown in gray rather than red. I imagine they'll fix this soon. Wrong placement too.

I suspect those are sites with planned upgrades...

Flagstaff AZ for example is one -- and its only 4 stalls. I've charged there 5-6 times, and its been full at least 3 of those (although I've never had to wait)...

Your lower-48 will be really nicely covered by, uh, yearmap's end.

Not for all of this peregrinator's Best & Nicest travel routes, but certainly for arterial travel.

Canada definitely still needs some East-West Love, and all know my desiderata regarding linking Alaska with Key West.

Eventually! GREAT progress so far.

It's possible that the existing ones that are gray are locations that are being expanded. In other cases, the gray pins are in the city, not the actual location where they will be built.

I believe the placement for a lot of these was done by town location on Google maps, not the actual location for the SC. The one for Boston, for example, is right in the middle of the city hall! I'd expect the actual locations to change a lot.

Reactions: Drucifer and ohmman
I believe the placement for a lot of these was done by town location on Google maps, not the actual location for the SC. The one for Boston, for example, is right in the middle of the city hall! I'd expect the actual locations to change a lot.
Yeah, the pin (if you zoom in) is right in the middle of the name on the map. So, precise location TBD.

For example:
upload_2017-4-24_16-3-14.png

Reactions: Drucifer