Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anybody else get the email from Tesla saying that for "Model S & X Cars ordered after the new year," they'd get 400 kWh per year? I noticed that the language from the blog post didn't change - it still says "Teslas," not specifically "Model S/X." Does this mean that, perhaps, Model 3 won't get any free supercharging?

The Model 3 is effectively built and delivered in the hundreds of thousands...

Wait a minute. I didn't get mine, who got mine? I stood in line for hours and I'm not one of the first 100,000? How could that be? Is the USB audio working, if not, then I don't care Tesla passed me over... Does it have the 4th gen seats with the fakey cow stuff or not? If it does, then maybe I do care! I'll call my DS and see what kind of inside info I can get, they have the straight dope on everything, stuff even Elon isn't clued in on... Whats that ElonsVelvetJacket guy over on Huffington Post have to say about all this? I'll bet he wouldn't stand for it. Not a freakin minute I'll bet. Are the wipers really $500 like the Model X wipers are? No wonder the company is making actual profits, whats up with that? I thought the mission was to give EV's away for Christs sake... Free Supercharging for life is my understanding, my God given right says so right there in the 857th paragraph of the EULA for the Linux kernel they are using. Unless that wk0578977 guy hacked in and changed the stuff ruight under Tesla's nose. Server em right those greedy Bas$ards... What, teh Cubs won the World Series? You're making that up, everyone knows thats never gonna happen... Next thing you know, Friggin GM will make an EV that gets over 200 miles and wins some kind of goofy award or something. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN... Did someone hide my ADHD meds? Sometimes funny things happen when they hide my ADHD meds. You would never guess what that might be, Crazy stuff Maynard...

RT

Wait a minute. I didn't get mine, who got mine? I stood in line for hours and I'm not one of the first 100,000? How could that be? Is the USB audio working, if not, then I don't care Tesla passed me over... Does it have the 4th gen seats with the fakey cow stuff or not? If it does, then maybe I do care! I'll call my DS and see what kind of inside info I can get, they have the straight dope on everything, stuff even Elon isn't clued in on... Whats that ElonsVelvetJacket guy over on Huffington Post have to say about all this? I'll bet he wouldn't stand for it. Not a freakin minute I'll bet. Are the wipers really $500 like the Model X wipers are? No wonder the company is making actual profits, whats up with that? I thought the mission was to give EV's away for Christs sake... Free Supercharging for life is my understanding, my God given right says so right there in the 857th paragraph of the EULA for the Linux kernel they are using. Unless that wk0578977 guy hacked in and changed the stuff ruight under Tesla's nose. Server em right those greedy Bas$ards... What, teh Cubs won the World Series? You're making that up, everyone knows thats never gonna happen... Next thing you know, Friggin GM will make an EV that gets over 200 miles and wins some kind of goofy award or something. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN... Did someone hide my ADHD meds? Sometimes funny things happen when they hide my ADHD meds. You would never guess what that might be, Crazy stuff Maynard...

RT
Model X wipers are $59 a pair, includes shipping.

Did anybody else get the email from Tesla saying that for "Model S & X Cars ordered after the new year," they'd get 400 kWh per year? I noticed that the language from the blog post didn't change - it still says "Teslas," not specifically "Model S/X." Does this mean that, perhaps, Model 3 won't get any free supercharging?
I have not yet received anything, but read it here in some thread. Is this a mail to current Model S/X owners? That may explain the difference. So no, we do not know anything Model 3 is or is not going to get any free supercharging. I suspect that we will know before we orders the car :)

Since there isn't a Model 3 yet, don't read anything into anything. But no one ever said the Model 3 would get free supercharging.

Some gossip from one of the threads in the Aussie forum:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1832291/ via @LGGD

"Furthermore, the plan for 2017 will be published on our website within a couple of weeks as well. We have a significant number of new sites planned for next year so we’re really excited to expand the network."

I expect the website update will affect all regions (US, Europe, Asia/Australia - also noting that the map may expand beyond these regions, considering countries such as Brazil, India, South Africa and New Zealand were able to reserve Model 3s)

The "significant number of new sites" could be purely in an Australian context (considering we've had about 6 new sites a year for the past two years, a "significant increase" wouldn't be hard to do), could also be regarding filling in the gaps in current areas (US/Canada and Western Europe), but could also be in regards to the new countries mentioned above.

If Tesla is going to do a fully autonomous drive from LA to Times Square before the end of 2017 will they have to have snake chargers in place at a cross country set of Superchargers by then? Or don't you interpret it to mean that literally without human help to even plug in?

Do you think Tesla will announce a major roll out of snake chargers in 2017?