Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plug compatibility removes a major problem, but having a compatible plug does not mean there is a mechanism in place to identify the individual non-Tesla vehicle such that they can have the power turned on and be charged correctly. Much more would need to be done to make that work. Other charging providers often require a card of some type and Tesla doesn't have that capability.

At least with recent enough versions of the protocol, CCS supports card-free authentication. This is starting to be rolled out, at least in Europe; see, for instance, this announcement from Fastned. I'm pretty sure I heard that Electrify America is planning to introduce this support in America, too. Going the other way, I have no idea if Tesla is using this exact same mechanism on its European CCS-equipped Superchargers. If they are, then it should be trivial for them to enable non-Tesla vehicles that support this standard to charge at Superchargers. If Tesla is using some non-standard authentication method, OTOH, then all bets are off -- it might not be hard to implement this system, or it might be quite tricky. Also, I don't know what cars currently on the road support this new standard, so it might currently be quite limited. OTOH, most new cars going forward will support it.

Another issue with non-Teslas charging at Superchargers is cable length. Most CCS and CHAdeMO chargers come with longer cables than Tesla uses. If Tesla were to open up its Superchargers in Europe, they might be usable by some cars, but many would have their charge ports located too far from the Supercharger to reach; or they might be able to plug in only when parked in a way that blocks two stalls. Thus, extension cables would be necessary for at least some cars; or Tesla would have to install longer cables.

Speaking of which, my understanding is that extension cables and adapters are explicitly forbidden by the original CCS specification. I've heard that this prohibition is being relaxed for the newer CCS specifications, but for now, that's a roadblock for a CCS adapter for Teslas. (I'm not an expert, though, so I'm foggy on the details, and may even be completely wrong.) Presumably the prototype CCS adapter for European Tesla Model S/X is being designed and built around the updated standard with fewer prohibitions on adapters.

At least with recent enough versions of the protocol, CCS supports card-free authentication. This is starting to be rolled out, at least in Europe; see, for instance, this announcement from Fastned. I'm pretty sure I heard that Electrify America is planning to introduce this support in America, too. Going the other way, I have no idea if Tesla is using this exact same mechanism on its European CCS-equipped Superchargers. If they are, then it should be trivial for them to enable non-Tesla vehicles that support this standard to charge at Superchargers. If Tesla is using some non-standard authentication method, OTOH, then all bets are off -- it might not be hard to implement this system, or it might be quite tricky. Also, I don't know what cars currently on the road support this new standard, so it might currently be quite limited. OTOH, most new cars going forward will support it.

Another issue with non-Teslas charging at Superchargers is cable length. Most CCS and CHAdeMO chargers come with longer cables than Tesla uses. If Tesla were to open up its Superchargers in Europe, they might be usable by some cars, but many would have their charge ports located too far from the Supercharger to reach; or they might be able to plug in only when parked in a way that blocks two stalls. Thus, extension cables would be necessary for at least some cars; or Tesla would have to install longer cables.

Speaking of which, my understanding is that extension cables and adapters are explicitly forbidden by the original CCS specification. I've heard that this prohibition is being relaxed for the newer CCS specifications, but for now, that's a roadblock for a CCS adapter for Teslas. (I'm not an expert, though, so I'm foggy on the details, and may even be completely wrong.) Presumably the prototype CCS adapter for European Tesla Model S/X is being designed and built around the updated standard with fewer prohibitions on adapters.
Putting a CCS plug on a Supercharger does not make it a CCS charging station. It makes Teslas with CCS charge ports be able to access Superchargers as well as other CCS locations without an adapter. Equipping 2000 Superchargers with an additional CCS-shaped plug was more financially feasible than providing 100,000 adapters, one for each car.

A lot more goes into making CCS than a plug.

Do tell, what was the ipace journey like?
The I-Pace is really inefficient for it's size. It's just slightly taller than the Model 3 (It looks like it is the same size as the Model Y). Charging is.. much slower than any Tesla I've ever been in. The range of 234 optimal... minus highway speeds and range turned out to be around 200.. is a bit of a let down. Three factors (range+inefficient+slow charging) that converge to make road trips... less than stellar and Jaguar unfortunately has those. I've made the trip to DC from NYC without charging. We stopped twice in the I-Pace (the second stop was to safe guard against arriving with little reserve). Comfort and ride were great. The fake engine noise made me laugh.

Tesla seems to be prepping for the imminent release of CCS adapter according to Electrek. That should help alleviate the crowded Superhchargers in CA
That article is from February 2. That is two months ago and a CCS adapter in California is not any more likely today or two months from now than it was two months ago. However, the sighting of the European CCS adapter in testing at least signals that the Type-2 hardware at least exists. I would not count on a North American CCS adapter being available before July. Hopefully by then we will have the existing CHAdeMO adapter working with the Model 3 as well. Rumors say that a higher power CHAdeMO adapter has been prototyped as well.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and MP3Mike
If true, that might explain why there's been a delay in getting the Model 3 to work with the CHAdeMO adapter Tesla currently offers. Or is such a supposition the basis for the rumor, in which case I've just argued a circle?
The rumor came from someone (who is on TMC) that attended a Japanese CHAdeMO interoperability session where vendors were presenting future high powered CHAdeMO chargers and automakers brought some cars to test with them. There was a Tesla vehicle and a prototype adapter that was observed charging at significantly more than 50kW. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that a high power CHAdeMO adapter is imminent or will even be offered for sale at all. If I were in the Tesla charging group, I would push for testing and certification of the existing adapter on the Model 3. That must be the path of least resistance for Model 3 DC charging on non-Tesla equipment.

That article is from February 2. That is two months ago and a CCS adapter in California is not any more likely today or two months from now than it was two months ago. However, the sighting of the European CCS adapter in testing at least signals that the Type-2 hardware at least exists. I would not count on a North American CCS adapter being available before July. Hopefully by then we will have the existing CHAdeMO adapter working with the Model 3 as well. Rumors say that a higher power CHAdeMO adapter has been prototyped as well.

Sorry I linked the wrong article here is the one from 2 days ago that has a picture of the adapter in use!

Here is an update on the status of the North American "Coming Soon" superchargers targeted to open in 2019. 13 sites opened in the U.S. and Canada in the last month for a total of 24 so far in 2019. Below is a list of recently opened superchqargers and 88 sites about which there is at least some information on the location. Sites with confirmed locations are shown at supercharge.info; details on all sites is available at the Supercharger Progress wiki.

With the launch of supercharger version 3 coming on Wednesday, there is speculation about which upcoming sites will be version 3. Nobody has yet found supercharger hardware labeled as something other than the 135 kW version 2 and 72 kW urban supercharders.

LocationSite Known?Status
Scottsdale - N Kierland Blvd, AZ yes operational
Anaheim, CA yes in permitting
Antioch, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Big Sur, CA yes in permitting
Calabasas, CA yes under construction hiatus
Chico, CA yes under construction
Corte Madera, CA yes operational
Dublin - Dublin Blvd, CA yes in permitting
Emeryville, CA yes in permitting
Fontana, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Huntington Beach, CA yes in permitting
Laytonville, CA yes under construction
Marin City, CA yes in permitting
Newark, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Ojai, CA yes in permitting
Palm Springs, CA yes in permitting
Pasadena, CA yes in permitting
Pleasanton, CA yes under construction
Richmond, CA yes in permitting
San Diego - Del Mar Heights Road, CA yes under construction
San Jose - Blossom Hill Road, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
San Jose - Cottle Road, CA yes in permitting
Santa Monica, CA yes in permitting
Santa Monica - Santa Monica Place, CA yes operational
San Ramon - San Ramon Valley Blvd, CA yes back under construction?
Vallejo, CA yes in permitting
Windsor, CA yes in permitting
Yuba City, CA yes operational
Wheat Ridge, CO maybe in site selection
Hartford - Liebert Road, CT yes under construction
Lisbon, CT yes in permitting
Meriden, CT maybe in site selection
Old Lyme, CT yes in permitting
Gainesville, FL yes under construction
Miami - Wynwood, FL maybe in site selection
Orlando - N Alafaya Trail, FL yes operational
Riverview, FL yes under construction
Altoona, IA yes operational
Sioux City, IA maybe in design / permitting?
Beverly, MA yes permit issued
Lynnfield, MA yes in permitting
Orleans, MA yes in permitting
Seekonk, MA yes in permitting
Wareham, MA yes in permitting
Woburn, MA yes in permitting
Annapolis, MD yes awaiting power on / testing
Beltsville, MD yes in permitting
Bethesda - Montgomery Mall East, MD yes in permitting
Bethesda - Montgomery Mall West, MD yes in permitting
Frederick, MD yes in permitting
National Harbor, MD yes operational
Baileyville, ME yes in permitting
Bethel, ME yes in permitting
Medway, ME yes in permitting
Portland, ME yes in permitting
Clare, MI yes in permitting
Escanaba, MI yes in permitting
Alexandria, MN yes in permitting
Dickinson, ND yes in permitting
Fargo, ND maybe in permitting
Pembina, ND yes in permitting
Rochester, NH yes in permitting
Basking Ridge, NJ yes in permitting
Deptford, NJ yes in permitting
East Brunswick II, NJ yes under construction
Kearney, NJ yes operational
Marlton, NJ yes under construction
Parsippany, NJ yes awaiting meter
Phillipsburg, NJ yes in permitting
Rockaway, NJ yes operational
Wall Township, NJ yes in permitting
Incline Village, NV yes under construction hiatus
Oneonta, NY yes in permitting
Ossining, NY yes under construction
Roscoe, NY yes operational
West Nyack, NY yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Yorktown Heights, NY yes under construction
Columbus, OH yes operational
King of Prussia, PA maybe in design / permitting?
Wall, SD yes in design / permitting
Nashville - Downtown, TN yes permit issued
Austin - Stonelake Blvd, TX yes in permitting
Fort Worth - Monahans Avenue, TX yes in permitting
Houston - Downtown, TX maybe in site selection / design
Arlington, VA yes under construction
Leesburg, VA yes under construction
Tysons, VA yes in permitting
Auburn, WA yes in permitting
Bellevue, WA yes in permitting
Seattle, WA yes in permitting
Tumwater, WA yes in permitting
Parkersburg, WV yes under construction
Salmon Arm, BC maybe in design/permitting
Vancouver - Howe Street, BC yes under construction
Woodbridge, BC maybe in design/permitting
Brandon, MB yes in design/permitting
Portage la Prairie, MB yes in design/permitting
Prawda, MB yes in permitting
Winnipeg, MB yes in permitting
Edmunston, NB yes in permitting
Quispamsis, NB maybe in design/permitting?
Saint Leonard, NB yes operational
Salisbury, NB maybe in design/permitting?
Woodstock, NB yes in design/permitting
Enfield, NS maybe awaiting construction?
Brockville, ON yes in design/permitting
Ignace, ON yes in permitting
North York, ON yes under construction
Terrace Bay, ON yes in permitting
Vaughan, ON yes in permitting
Regina, SK maybe in design/permitting

Here are the remaining 418 superchargers Coming Soon in 2019 that haven't been found yet:
Dothan AL, Montgomery AL, Tuscaloosa AL, Globe AZ, Kayenta AZ, Phoenix AZ, Arkadelphia AR, Bentonville AR, Blytheville AR, Clarksville AR, Forrest City AR, Fort Smith AR, Adin CA, Bakersfield CA, Beverly Hills CA, Bishop CA, Brea CA, Cambria CA, Castro Valley CA, Cerritos CA, Chino Hills CA, Chula Vista CA, Commerce CA, Corona CA, Costa Mesa CA, Dana Point CA, Del Mar CA, El Cajon CA, Escondido CA, Folsom CA, Fresno CA, Greenville CA, Half Moon Bay CA, Hayward CA, Hesperia CA, Highland CA, Hollywood CA, Indio CA, Irvine CA, Kirkwood CA, Kramer Junction CA, Lakewood CA, Long Beach CA, Los Altos CA, Los Angeles - Downtown CA, Malibu CA, Marina Del Rey CA, Mariposa CA, Mendocino CA, Merced CA, Mission Viejo CA, Mojave CA, Montebello CA, Moreno Valley CA, Mountain View CA, Newell CA, Northridge CA, Oakland CA, Ontario CA, Pacific Palisades CA, Palm Desert CA, Palmdale CA, Playa Vista CA, Pomona CA, Redding CA, Redondo Beach CA, Rohnert Park CA, San Diego CA - La Jolla, San Dimas CA, San Francisco CA, San Francisco - Financial District CA, San Francisco - Mission CA, San Francisco - SOMA CA, San Mateo CA, San Rafael CA, San Ysidro CA, Santa Barbara CA, Santa Clara CA, Santa Cruz CA, Santa Rosa CA, Sherman Oaks CA, Simi Valley CA, Sonoma CA, Sonora CA, South San Francisco CA, Stockton CA, Studio City CA, Susanville CA, Truckee CA, Tustin CA, Venice CA, Ventura CA, Visalia CA, Vista CA, Walnut Creek CA, Watsonville CA, West Covina CA, Westwood CA, Williams CA, Woodland CA, Woodside CA, Alamosa CO, Conifer CO, Denver CO, Denver - Cherry Creek CO, Denver - Tech Center CO, Idaho Springs CO, Montrose CO, Steamboat Springs CO, Telluride CO, Walsenburg CO, Darien CT, New London CT, North Canaan CT, North Stamford CT, Stamford CT, Torrington CT, Trumbull CT, Columbia Heights DC, Washington NE DC, Washington SE DC, Washington DC, Beach Park FL, Boca Raton FL, Celebration FL, Cocoa West FL, Destin FL, Hollywood FL, Key West FL, Lakeland FL, Miami Beach - Bal Harbour FL, Miami Beach - South Beach FL, Miami - Coral Gables FL, Millenia FL, North Naples FL, Ochopee (Alligator Alley) FL, Palm Coast FL, Pensacola FL, Tampa - Clear Water FL, Tampa - Wesley Chapel FL, Union Park FL, Weston FL, Winter Garden FL, Winter Park FL, Yeehaw Junction FL, Alpharetta GA, Atlanta - Cumberland GA, College Park GA, Columbus GA, Forest Park GA, Madison GA, Metter GA, Sandy Springs GA, Honolulu HI, Kailua HI, Maui HI, Heyburn ID, Mountain Home ID, Chicago – Bridgeport IL, Evanston IL, Evergreen Park IL, Joliet IL, Marion IL, Northbrook IL, Oak Brook IL, Oak Park IL, Bloomington IN, Elberfeld IN, Indianapolis - Downtown IN, Overland Park KS, Emporia KS, Olathe KS, Elizabethtown KY, Maysville KY, New Orleans LA, Bar Harbor ME, Bethel ME, Skowhegan ME, West Forks ME, Elkridge MD, Greenbelt MD, Halethorpe MD, Hanover MD, Ocean City MD, Rossville MD, Boston - Fenway/Kenmore MA, Boston - Seaport MA, Braintree MA, Burlington MA, Charlestown MA, Falmouth MA, Lawrence MA, Lynnfield MA, Marlborough MA, Revere MA, Somerville MA, South Dennis MA, Waltham MA, Detroit MI, Mackinaw City MI, Marquette MI, Novi MI, Swartz Creek MI, Bloomington MN, Maple Grove MN, Minneapolis MN, Minnetonka MN, Richfield MN, St Paul MN, St. Louis Park MN, Brookhaven MS, Hattiesburg MS, Brentwood MO, St. Louis MO, Bighorn MT, Glendive MT, Great Falls MT, Helena MT, Kalispell MT, Miles City MT, Shelby MT, Primm NV, Reno NV, North Conway NH, Wolfeboro NH, Barnegat Township NJ, Bridgewater NJ, Cape May NJ, Cherry Hill NJ, Edgewater NJ, Elizabeth NJ, Hackensack NJ, Hamilton Township NJ, Mount Laurel NJ, Newark NJ, Pompton Lakes NJ, Roxbury Township NJ, Summit NJ, Tom's River NJ, Wayne NJ, West Orange NJ, Clayton NM, Clovis NM, Grants NM, Soccoro NM, Astoria NY, Bath Beach NY, Bay Shore NY, Baychester NY, Bedford Hills NY, Bergen Beach NY, Brooklyn Heights NY, Buffalo NY, Centuck NY, Chelsea NY, East Hampton NY, Elmhurst NY, Flushing NY, Gowanus NY, Harlem NY, Ithaca NY, Kips Bay NY, Lake Placid NY, Little Neck NY, Mahwah NY, Manorville NY, Middletown NY, Port Chester NY, Scarsdale NY, Shirley NY, Upper East Side NY, Wantagh NY, White Plains NY, Woodbury NY, Durham NC, Point Harbor NC, Bismarck ND, Grand Forks ND, Jamestown ND, Akron OH, Chillicothe OH, Cleveland OH, Polaris OH, Henryetta OK, Boardman OR, Burns OR, Hood River OR, Madras OR, Newport OR, Ontario OR, Portland OR, Portland NW OR, Portland NE OR, Portland SE OR, Roseburg OR, Salem OR, Bridesburg PA, King of Prussia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Springfield PA, Swartzville PA, Newport RI, Charleston SC, Austin - Downtown TX, Beaumont TX, Boerne TX, Brenham TX, Cedar Park TX, College Station TX, Dallas (Downtown) TX, Dilley TX, Falfurrias TX, Fredericksburg TX, Houston TX, Houston TX - Uptown, Lubbock TX, San Angelo TX, Selma TX, Wichita Falls TX, Ogden UT, Park City UT, Provo UT, Lyndon VT, Rutland VT, Fairfax VA, Gainesville VA, Newport News VA, Roanoke VA, Chelan WA, Enumclaw WA, Forks WA, Kirkland - Totem Lake WA, Longview WA, Okanogan WA, Olympia WA, Ritzville WA, Seattle - Northgate WA, Seattle - University Village WA, Snoqualmie WA, Spokane WA, Tacoma WA, Yakima WA, Lake Geneva WI, Milwaukee WI, Sturgeon Bay WI, Waukesha WI, Casper WY, Cody WY, Bassano AB, Calgary AB, Medicine Hat AB, Burnaby BC, Castlegar BC, Creston BC, Fernie BC, Grand Forks BC, Osoyoos BC, Princeton BC, Richmond BC, Sicamous BC, Vancouver - North BC, Vancouver - West BC, White Rock BC, Reynolds MB, Moncton NB, Saint John NB, Batchawana Bay ON, Blind River ON, Bracebridge ON, Brampton ON, Deep River ON, Dryden ON, Espanola ON, Kenora ON, Kincardine ON, Mississauga ON, Mississauga - Meadowvale ON, Nepean ON, Newmarket ON, North Bay ON, Orangeville ON, Orillia ON, Perth ON, Peterborough ON, Sault Ste. Marie ON, Scarborough ON, St. Catharines ON, Strathroy ON, Thunder Bay ON, Toronto - Liberty Village ON, Toronto - The Annex ON, Toronto - Yonge / Eglinton ON, Upsala ON, Waterloo ON, Wawa ON, Weston ON, White River ON, Charlemagne QC, Gatineau QC, Griffintown QC, La Pocatière QC, Lachute QC, Lebourgneuf QC, L’Étape QC, Saguenay QC, Saint Georges QC, Saint Sauveur QC, Saint Therese QC, Sherbrooke QC, Chaplin SK, Maple Creek SK, Moose Jaw SK, Moosomin SK, Swift Current SK, Wolsely SK

After much searching I've found where the new Superchargers will be installed in Kincardine, Ontario. At the Canadian Tire store at Hwy 21 and Durham St. The owner of the store has a Tesla and said the store is expanding and the chargers will be installed in their lot. She wasn't sure if it would be 2019 or 2020. But hey they're coming!

After much searching I've found where the new Superchargers will be installed in Kincardine, Ontario. At the Canadian Tire store at Hwy 21 and Durham St. The owner of the store has a Tesla and said the store is expanding and the chargers will be installed in their lot. She wasn't sure if it would be 2019 or 2020. But hey they're coming!
You might want to post this info in the thread for the region: Eastern Canada Superchargers

Here is an update on the status of the North American "Coming Soon" superchargers targeted to open in 2019. Only 8 sites opened in the U.S. and Canada in the last month for a total of 40 so far in 2019. Below is a list of recently opened superchqargers and 126 sites about which there is at least some information on the location. Sites with confirmed locations are shown at supercharge.info; details on all sites is available at the Supercharger Progress wiki.

LocationSite Known?Status
Anaheim, CA yes in permitting
Anaheim Hills, CA yes awaiting power on / testing
Big Sur, CA yes under construction
Calabasas, CA yes under construction hiatus
Chico, CA yes under construction
Dublin - Dublin Blvd, CA yes in permitting
Emeryville, CA yes in permitting
Fairfield - Holiday Lane, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Hayward, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Huntington Beach, CA yes in permitting
Laytonville, CA yes under construction
Marin City, CA yes in permitting
Milpitas - Great Mall, CA yes under construction
Newark, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
Ojai, CA yes under construction
Palm Springs, CA yes in permitting
Pasadena, CA yes in permitting
Pleasanton, CA yes operational
Rancho Mirage, CA yes in permitting
Richmond, CA yes under construction
Rohnert Park, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
San Diego - Del Mar Heights Road, CA yes under construction
San Jose - Blossom Hill Road, CA yes awaiting transformer / hookup
San Jose - Cottle Road, CA yes in permitting
Santa Monica, CA yes in permitting
San Ramon - San Ramon Valley Blvd, CA yes operational
South San Francisco, CA yes in permitting
Tahoe City, CA yes in permitting
Vallejo, CA yes under construction
Windsor, CA yes in permitting
Wheat Ridge, CO maybe in site selection
Hartford - Liebert Road, CT yes under construction
Lisbon, CT yes in permitting
Meriden, CT maybe in site selection
Old Lyme, CT yes in permitting
Stamford, CT yes under construction
Celebration, FL yes awaiting testing
Gainesville, FL yes operational
Kissimmee, FL yes in permitting
Miami - Wynwood, FL maybe in site selection
Sioux City, IA maybe in design / permitting?
Rolling Meadows, IL yes expansion under construction
Zionsville, IN yes under construction
Mission, KS yes under construction
Olathe, KS yes under construction
Lafayette, LA yes in permitting
Beverly, MA yes permit issued
Boston - Richard B Ross Way, MA yes operational
Braintree, MA yes in permitting
Lynnfield, MA yes in permitting
Orleans, MA yes in permitting
Seekonk, MA yes in permitting
Wareham, MA yes in permitting
Woburn, MA yes in permitting
Beltsville, MD yes in permitting
Bethesda - Montgomery Mall East, MD yes in permitting
Bethesda - Montgomery Mall West, MD yes in permitting
Frederick, MD yes in permitting
Riverdale Park, MD yes under construction
Baileyville, ME yes in permitting
Bethel, ME yes in permitting
Medway, ME yes in permitting
Portland, ME yes under construction
Clare, MI yes in permitting
Escanaba, MI yes in permitting
Hudsonville, MI yes in permitting
Sault Sainte Marie, MI yes in permitting
Swartz Creek, MI yes under construction
Albert Lea II, MN yes in permitting
Alexandria, MN yes in permitting
Robbinsdale, MN yes under construction
St Charles - Streets of St Charles, MO yes under construction
Bismarck, ND yes in permitting
Dickinson, ND yes in permitting
Fargo, ND maybe in permitting
Jamestown, ND maybe in site selection
Pembina, ND yes in permitting
Rochester, NH yes in permitting
Barnegat Township, NJ yes under construction
Basking Ridge, NJ yes under construction
Cape May, NJ yes under construction
Deptford, NJ yes in permitting
East Brunswick II, NJ yes awaiting power on / testing
Marlton, NJ yes operational
Phillipsburg, NJ yes in permitting
Wall Township, NJ yes in permitting
Incline Village, NV yes under construction hiatus
Bronx - Bay Plaza, NY yes operational
Middletown, NY yes under construction
Oneonta, NY yes in permitting
Ossining, NY yes under construction
West Nyack, NY yes awaiting power on / testing
Yorktown Heights, NY yes awaiting power on / testing
Columbus - Polaris Parkway, OH yes under construction
King of Prussia, PA maybe in design / permitting?
Wall, SD yes awaiting construction?
Nashville - Downtown, TN yes permit issued
Austin - Stonelake Blvd, TX yes under construction
Fort Worth - Monahans Avenue, TX yes in permitting
Giddings, TX yes in permitting
Houston - Downtown, TX maybe in site selection / design
San Antonio, TX yes in permitting
Webster, TX yes under construction
Arlington, VA yes operational
Leesburg, VA yes under construction
Tysons, VA yes in permitting
Auburn, WA yes in permitting
Bellevue, WA yes in permitting
Seattle, WA yes permit issued
Tumwater, WA yes in permitting
Casper, WY maybe in site selection
Medicine Hat, AB maybe in permitting?
Salmon Arm, BC maybe in design/permitting
Vancouver - Howe Street, BC yes operational
Woodbridge, BC maybe in design/permitting
Brandon, MB yes in design/permitting
Portage la Prairie, MB yes in design/permitting
Prawda, MB yes in permitting
Winnipeg, MB yes in permitting
Quispamsis, NB maybe in design/permitting?
Salisbury, NB maybe in design/permitting?
Woodstock, NB yes in design/permitting
Enfield, NS maybe awaiting construction?
Blind River, ON maybe in permitting?
Brockville, ON yes in design/permitting
Ignace, ON yes in permitting
Kincardine, ON maybe in permitting?
Nipigon, ON yes in permitting
North Bay, ON no under construction?
North York, ON yes in testing
Renfrew, ON yes in permitting
Terrace Bay, ON yes in permitting
Vaughan, ON yes in permitting
Moosomin, SK yes in permitting
Regina, SK maybe in design/permitting

Here are the remaining 397 superchargers Coming Soon in 2019 that haven't been found yet:
Dothan AL, Montgomery AL, Tuscaloosa AL, Globe AZ, Kayenta AZ, Phoenix AZ, Arkadelphia AR, Bentonville AR, Blytheville AR, Clarksville AR, Forrest City AR, Fort Smith AR, Adin CA, Bakersfield CA, Beverly Hills CA, Bishop CA, Brea CA, Cambria CA, Castro Valley CA, Cerritos CA, Chino Hills CA, Chula Vista CA, Commerce CA, Costa Mesa CA, Dana Point CA, Del Mar CA, El Cajon CA, Escondido CA, Folsom CA, Fresno CA, Greenville CA, Half Moon Bay CA, Hayward CA, Hesperia CA, Highland CA, Hollywood CA, Indio CA, Irvine CA, Kirkwood CA, Kramer Junction CA, Lakewood CA, Long Beach CA, Los Altos CA, Malibu CA, Marina Del Rey CA, Mariposa CA, Mendocino CA, Merced CA, Mission Viejo CA, Mojave CA, Montebello CA, Moreno Valley CA, Mountain View CA, Newell CA, Northridge CA, Oakland CA, Ontario CA, Pacific Palisades CA, Palm Desert CA, Palmdale CA, Playa Vista CA, Pomona CA, Redding CA, Redondo Beach CA, San Diego CA - La Jolla, San Dimas CA, San Francisco CA, San Francisco - Financial District CA, San Francisco - Mission CA, San Francisco - SOMA CA, San Mateo CA, San Rafael CA, San Ysidro CA, Santa Barbara CA, Santa Clara CA, Santa Cruz CA, Santa Rosa CA, Sherman Oaks CA, Simi Valley CA, Sonoma CA, Sonora CA, Stockton CA, Studio City CA, Susanville CA, Truckee CA, Tustin CA, Venice CA, Ventura CA, Visalia CA, Vista CA, Walnut Creek CA, Watsonville CA, West Covina CA, Westwood CA, Williams CA, Woodland CA, Woodside CA, Alamosa CO, Conifer CO, Denver CO, Denver - Cherry Creek CO, Denver - Tech Center CO, Idaho Springs CO, Montrose CO, Steamboat Springs CO, Telluride CO, Walsenburg CO, Darien CT, New London CT, North Canaan CT, North Stamford CT, Torrington CT, Trumbull CT, Columbia Heights DC, Washington NE DC, Washington SE DC, Washington DC, Beach Park FL, Boca Raton FL, Cocoa West FL, Destin FL, Hollywood FL, Key West FL, Lakeland FL, Miami Beach - Bal Harbour FL, Miami Beach - South Beach FL, Miami - Coral Gables FL, Millenia FL, North Naples FL, Ochopee (Alligator Alley) FL, Palm Coast FL, Pensacola FL, Tampa - Clear Water FL, Tampa - Wesley Chapel FL, Union Park FL, Weston FL, Winter Garden FL, Winter Park FL, Yeehaw Junction FL, Alpharetta GA, Atlanta - Cumberland GA, College Park GA, Columbus GA, Forest Park GA, Madison GA, Metter GA, Sandy Springs GA, Honolulu HI, Kailua HI, Maui HI, Heyburn ID, Mountain Home ID, Chicago – Bridgeport IL, Evanston IL, Evergreen Park IL, Joliet IL, Marion IL, Northbrook IL, Oak Brook IL, Oak Park IL, Bloomington IN, Elberfeld IN, Overland Park KS, Emporia KS, Elizabethtown KY, Maysville KY, New Orleans LA, Bar Harbor ME, Skowhegan ME, West Forks ME, Elkridge MD, Greenbelt MD, Halethorpe MD, Hanover MD, Ocean City MD, Rossville MD, Boston - Fenway/Kenmore MA, Boston - Seaport MA, Burlington MA, Charlestown MA, Falmouth MA, Lawrence MA, Marlborough MA, Revere MA, Somerville MA, South Dennis MA, Waltham MA, Detroit MI, Mackinaw City MI, Marquette MI, Novi MI, Bloomington MN, Maple Grove MN, Minneapolis MN, Minnetonka MN, Richfield MN, St Paul MN, St. Louis Park MN, Brookhaven MS, Hattiesburg MS, Brentwood MO, St. Louis MO, Bighorn MT, Glendive MT, Great Falls MT, Helena MT, Kalispell MT, Miles City MT, Shelby MT, Primm NV, Reno NV, North Conway NH, Wolfeboro NH, Bridgewater NJ, Cherry Hill NJ, Edgewater NJ, Elizabeth NJ, Hackensack NJ, Hamilton Township NJ, Mount Laurel NJ, Newark NJ, Pompton Lakes NJ, Roxbury Township NJ, Summit NJ, Tom's River NJ, Wayne NJ, West Orange NJ, Clayton NM, Clovis NM, Grants NM, Soccoro NM, Astoria NY, Bath Beach NY, Bay Shore NY, Bedford Hills NY, Bergen Beach NY, Brooklyn Heights NY, Buffalo NY, Centuck NY, Chelsea NY, East Hampton NY, Elmhurst NY, Flushing NY, Gowanus NY, Harlem NY, Ithaca NY, Kips Bay NY, Lake Placid NY, Little Neck NY, Mahwah NY, Manorville NY, Port Chester NY, Scarsdale NY, Shirley NY, Upper East Side NY, Wantagh NY, White Plains NY, Woodbury NY, Durham NC, Point Harbor NC, Grand Forks ND, Akron OH, Chillicothe OH, Cleveland OH, Henryetta OK, Boardman OR, Burns OR, Hood River OR, Madras OR, Newport OR, Ontario OR, Portland OR, Portland NW OR, Portland NE OR, Portland SE OR, Roseburg OR, Salem OR, Bridesburg PA, King of Prussia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Plymouth Meeting PA, Springfield PA, Swartzville PA, Newport RI, Charleston SC, Austin - Downtown TX, Beaumont TX, Boerne TX, Brenham TX, Cedar Park TX, College Station TX, Dallas (Downtown) TX, Dilley TX, Falfurrias TX, Fredericksburg TX, Houston TX, Houston TX - Uptown, Lubbock TX, San Angelo TX, Selma TX, Wichita Falls TX, Ogden UT, Park City UT, Provo UT, Lyndon VT, Rutland VT, Fairfax VA, Gainesville VA, Newport News VA, Roanoke VA, Chelan WA, Enumclaw WA, Forks WA, Kirkland - Totem Lake WA, Longview WA, Okanogan WA, Olympia WA, Ritzville WA, Seattle - Northgate WA, Seattle - University Village WA, Snoqualmie WA, Spokane WA, Tacoma WA, Yakima WA, Lake Geneva WI, Milwaukee WI, Sturgeon Bay WI, Waukesha WI, Casper WY, Cody WY, Bassano AB, Calgary AB, Medicine Hat AB, Burnaby BC, Castlegar BC, Creston BC, Fernie BC, Grand Forks BC, Osoyoos BC, Princeton BC, Richmond BC, Sicamous BC, Vancouver - North BC, Vancouver - West BC, White Rock BC, Reynolds MB, Moncton NB, Saint John NB, Batchawana Bay ON, Blind River ON, Bracebridge ON, Brampton ON, Deep River ON, Dryden ON, Espanola ON, Kenora ON, Kincardine ON, Mississauga ON, Nepean ON, Newmarket ON, North Bay ON, Orangeville ON, Orillia ON, Perth ON, Peterborough ON, Sault Ste. Marie ON, Scarborough ON, St. Catharines ON, Strathroy ON, Thunder Bay ON, Toronto - Liberty Village ON, Toronto - The Annex ON, Toronto - Yonge / Eglinton ON, Upsala ON, Waterloo ON, Wawa ON, Weston ON, White River ON, Charlemagne QC, Gatineau QC, Griffintown QC, La Pocatière QC, Lachute QC, Lebourgneuf QC, L’Étape QC, Saguenay QC, Saint Georges QC, Saint Sauveur QC, Saint Therese QC, Sherbrooke QC, Chaplin SK, Maple Creek SK, Moose Jaw SK, Swift Current SK, Wolsely SK

No idea. I know it didn't in the past. However, moving it to the charger category makes it appear that it is car insensitive, so perhaps there is an upgrade coming, or not.

It doesn’t. It was one of the reasons we couldn’t make the model 3 work for us and we ended up ordering a Leaf SL E-plus. There were other reasons as well but it was fairly important because of where we live and travel and our access to Superchargers.

Our Tesla Rep maintains it will eventually still happen.