Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As has previously been noted the Supercharger map for the East Coast corridor shows a SC location in the vicinity of Santee, very close to halfway between Lumberton, NC and Savannah airport. ( now in the Coming Soon category) It is the only SC between Port Orange and Richmond that has not been mentioned as permitted or under construction. I noticed there is one of those rest areas that has a location on both sides of 95 close to Santee. Anyone seen a permit or evidence of construction?

Just how many Model S cars are there in the northeast?
I believe California has about half the sales so far? So I am guessing that they are actually the ones who's money is being valued less IF you want to look at it that way.

Hey, good point! No fair!! I want more Superchargers in California, damnit!! I have a fever, and the only prescription, is more Superchargers!

My wife and I went through meticulous planning with our architect and general contractor before we started on our house re-model two years ago. We had all of the plans drawn to levels of specificity we thought would easily pass our County planning and approval departments. We did all of the research in advance. We were only moving two exterior walls, and only then adding a couple hundred square feet. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the County and its approval process delayed us at least six months over the life of what should have been a 9 month project. Even a simple deck addition took us more than 3 months to get approval. Anyone who hasn't been through this process could not even imagine the delays and frustration involved, even for the simplest of projects. And our County is much better than many local city planning departments.

Wow... Around here you just build the deck. Even then, the most I've heard is if you do extensive changes you have to talk to the neighborhood committee (non-governmental). Years ago my Dad put in a 30 foot high HAM radio antenna in our backyard and the most we got were a few comments.

The new supercharger in Macedonia, OH has begun construction!
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...2i666!4f35!4m2!3d41.3137333!4d-81.51705&fid=7

41° 18.824', -81° 31.023'
IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0861.jpg

Wow... Around here you just build the deck. Even then, the most I've heard is if you do extensive changes you have to talk to the neighborhood committee (non-governmental). Years ago my Dad put in a 30 foot high HAM radio antenna in our backyard and the most we got were a few comments.

I wish that were the case here. The level of bureaucracy to get relatively simple projects done is far greater here than many other places for sure.

Supercharger Construction Sighting in Grand Junction, CO

See Grand Junction, CO Supercharger for pictures and location of the work in progress on the Supercharger in Grand Junction, CO. Superchargers are popping up all over!!! :biggrin:

BTW, I think this is the best protocol in the future. Put details and progress of Supercharger construction on the North America:Local Region forums with pointers to those forums here on this main thread for major milestones like first sighting, ready to turn on, first charge, etc.

Ok,

Let's try this again... Super Chargers I have seen = 0, Super Charers Zythryn has used = 1+, So as of today Tesla has provided infinitely (formal calculation) more SCs for Zythryn than has for me... Which suggests Zythryn has gotten infinitely more out of his fee than I have out of mine.

-- not unexpected :rolleyes:

You are incorrect. I have yet to be able to use a supercharger, there are none yet in range of either our 60 or 85.

My point was that your statement that Tesla was valuing your contribution less than those in California was exactly backwards. California, as a whole, has contributed much more to the superchargers than your region (or mine).

You are incorrect. I have yet to be able to use a supercharger, there are none yet in range of either our 60 or 85.

My point was that your statement that Tesla was valuing your contribution less than those in California was exactly backwards. California, as a whole, has contributed much more to the superchargers than your region (or mine).

Well they have to start somewhere, and it really wouldn't make sense to start in Minnesota, would it? California has by far the highest amount of them and then the east coast after that. I think they've been doing a perfect job with the roll outs.

PS, hello from a native Minnesotan. I would love to eventually have the ability to drive home to see family just for the fun of it. It won't be much longer!

Well they have to start somewhere, and it really wouldn't make sense to start in Minnesota, would it? California has by far the highest amount of them and then the east coast after that. I think they've been doing a perfect job with the roll outs.

PS, hello from a native Minnesotan. I would love to eventually have the ability to drive home to see family just for the fun of it. It won't be much longer!

Exactly my point:)

Nathan was saying Tesla values his contribution less than the owners in California.
I was saying that if anything, Tesla is adding a disproportionate high number of SCs on the east coast.

Of course, number of Teslas in a region is not the only deciding factor.

And Hello:). This Minnesotan is looking forward to being able to reach either coast via superchargers!

Super Chargers I have seen = 0, Super Charers Zythryn has used = 1+, So as of today Tesla has provided infinitely (formal calculation) more SCs for Zythryn than has for me...

By that logic:

I pay state taxes.
The state has improved a heavily used road some distance from me.
I have not yet driven that road.

Which is the correct statement?:

A)The state has provided no value to me.

or

B) I have not availed myself of the value provided to all.

Remember: "Provided for" != "taken advantage of"

Exactly my point:)

Nathan was saying Tesla values his contribution less than the owners in California.
I was saying that if anything, Tesla is adding a disproportionate high number of SCs on the east coast.

Of course, number of Teslas in a region is not the only deciding factor.

And Hello:). This Minnesotan is looking forward to being able to reach either coast via superchargers!

My mistake. I obviously totally misunderstood what you were saying. In that case, I agree completely.