Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister-in-law lives in Gallup, 140 miles from Albuquerque. Too far for a round trip without additional electrons! Last night we drove over to spread some Christmas cheer but due to the lack of any good information about the state of the Gallup SC, I was forced to getting our ICE car out of mothballs as I didn't want to spend 2+ hours at an RV park in the dark. Numerous articles both in the Albuquerque paper about the fact that the SC had been open since Wednesday, this forum's info and of course the appearing/disappearing dot on the Tesla SC web page convinced me that I didn't want to chance the SC being non operational. So when we went over I checked the SC and it appeared to be finished. The transformer was humming, the meter was in place, and no city permit stickers were visible and construction had long since finished. I still don't know if it works or not but maybe Tesla will, at some time, will let us in on the secret!
View attachment 39035

This is the information I got from Tesla yesterday - "Our Gallup site construction is complete, however we are still waiting on final inspections to energize the site. Please continue to monitor our website for updates." I imagine it'll be live next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like if they add 3 more to the construction phase (Toledo OH, Washington DC and Brunswick GA) the route from Miami to NY to San Diego to Vancouver will be complete. New England must be feeling left out :(

Brunswick, GA? This is the first that I've heard of that location. Do you have any additional information to share about this possible location? Address or permit? Thanks.

Looks like if they add 3 more to the construction phase (Toledo OH, Washington DC and Brunswick GA) the route from Miami to NY to San Diego to Vancouver will be complete. New England must be feeling left out :(

Toledo is two to three weeks away from completion:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Well, you could at least take some pics and post them with a few more small, obscure clues in the background... :wink:

He actually gave us a few details and if we have a local person I think we can figure it out.

Image 1 - Train tracks (I think)

Image 2 - Strip mall with sandwich shop (probably chain). Strip mall paint has a greenish finish to it. Strip mall is well lit with large white pillar lamp poles.

Just need out where those match up!

Nicely done! How'd you narrow it down?

I saw the same clues you listed. The rail cars, hoppers, looked well worn... so when I went looking for the railroads of Toledo I was looking for non-main line stuff. My other hobby is trains, so it wasn't too hard. Once I found that virtual gold mine, a stone quarry with a small yard of hoppers, I saw the black awnings and it was all over. Just a matter of capturing the screens shots and google maps link.

that meijer store looks nice enough from the front, if you don't have to charge long that's gotta be better than a convenience store for grabbing a snack or supplies for your trip.

I'd have to wonder if Meijer doesn't own or lease that land that the supercharger will be sitting on.

Meijer was one of my favorite stores growing up, just from the sheer goofiness of the stuff available. Do you need a dozen eggs, a box fan, a gun, and a goldfish? And is it 2 am? You are in luck!

I saw the same clues you listed. The rail cars, hoppers, looked well worn... so when I went looking for the railroads of Toledo I was looking for non-main line stuff. My other hobby is trains, so it wasn't too hard. Once I found that virtual gold mine, a stone quarry with a small yard of hoppers, I saw the black awnings and it was all over. Just a matter of capturing the screens shots and google maps link.

Well done! I used to live in that area but I never noticed the rail cars.. The Donato's also closed about 2 years ago. Still, a pretty nice location. Easy access off the turnpike and also ideal for anyone travelling to/from Ann Arbor.

Great Job!!!
Wattson comes through again, identifying obscure locations for Supercharger construction.
What a sleuth!!!

I tried looking for the GPS meta-data in the picture but all I found was that it was a Samsung SPH-L900 that took the picture on December 24, 2013 at 11L51:08 AM

I laugh at myself.. I too, have gone to locations to report on a new supercharger and forgotten to take out my smart phone and take pictures! What's up with that? So, we get so excited that we've found a "new " location, that we forget everyone else wants pictures of the project under construction? Yeah!! I have a smartphone!! Yeah, I'm a big dummy and have left it in it's holster! IT'S HILARIOUS! Well, at least until we come home and want to up load some great information WITH PHOTOS!! I don't get it! .. but I'm learning!! MERRIE CHRISTMAS everyone! This TESLA epiphany, as Brian H once wrote, is a selfish mistress, for sure, but my goodness, how does she distract us so:cool: Ho! Ho! Ho!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_8665.jpg
IMG_8676.jpg
IMG_8683.jpg
IMG_8695.jpg
IMG_8706.jpg

Quick Trekin' yesterday.. Full warp Gilbert AZ to Quartzsite AZ, then into interstellar{no superchargers} space.. I just couldn't get it to WARP Speed in La Vern, CA. {it's a slow 18mph level two--but Free!} On to Tejon Ranch CA, Harris Ranch and Gilroy CA to home plate. Only needed fifteen minutes at Tejon Ranch CA, Harris Ranch CA and Gilroy CA using the "arrive with as little mileage as possible philosophy" It really works great.. arrive with 5-15 miles remaining, and then Supercharge enough to get to the next supercharger with a lil cushion. Otherwise I would have spent all my time waiting and wasting time packing in those last few trons. Once Cabazon CA Supercharger is started/finished I'll feel better making the Phoenix-Bay Area journey! Remember everyone, if you are unfamiliar with supercharging.. fill up to what you need with a tolerable cushion and your travels will be a breeze!

Last edited: