Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also you need a supercharger to be within a circle from another supercharger. Not just have circles intersect.

See above. By setting R to 60 miles, then you get an intersection of the circles when the distance between Superchargers is less than 2R. If I set R to 60, then 2R is 120, and an intersection means the straight line distance between Supercharger is less than 120 miles.

As I said before, for an 85, set R to 85. Simple memory items, not exact! Use http://evtripplanner.com/planner/carview_beta/?id=uda in "advanced" mode for better estimates.

JakeP must be busy cleaning the dirt off Tess.

We just made a recon run up to Cranberry, PA location.
Supercharger location confirmed with hotel manager there (she's very nice and enthusiastic about Tesla coming there).

The SC spaces will be on the Southwest corner of the Residence Inn property -- you can see a lone silver sedan parked there in the satellite picture (posted yesterday). I believe she said 6 slots.

Work has not started yet nor were there any signs of it starting soon other than our own speculation that they'll break ground any day now. I will be back in the neighborhood tomorrow and will update as necessary.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...upercharger-Location-(NW-of-Pittsburgh)/page2

See above. By setting R to 60 miles, then you get an intersection of the circles when the distance between Superchargers is less than 2R. If I set R to 60, then 2R is 120, and an intersection means the straight line distance between Supercharger is less than 120 miles.

As I said before, for an 85, set R to 85. Simple memory items, not exact! Use http://evtripplanner.com/planner/carview_beta/?id=uda in "advanced" mode for better estimates.

Interesting method !! I never thought of it. Guess I am stuck in the box LOL

Interesting method !! I never thought of it. Guess I am stuck in the box LOL

Agreed. And actually, its probably the easier of the methods. One for memory and the other visually. With our method its takes longer to see if a supercharger is blue because of its own circle or a surrounding circle. With Cottonwood's method, as long as you drive through blue, you're good!

Also his method helps to show the harder charger to charger connections based on distance such as Jacksonville to Savannah.

Kevin can you add the Holbrook, AZ and Cranberry, PA locations to the map. I think those are the only ones missing and they seem to be the harder connections due to those gaps. Thanks.

1635 Navajo Blvd, Holbrook, AZ 86025 - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/25375-Supercharger-Holbrook-AZ
1308 Freedom Rd Cranberry Twp, PA 16066 - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...y-PA-Supercharger-Location-(NW-of-Pittsburgh)

Agreed. And actually, its probably the easier of the methods. One for memory and the other visually. With our method its takes longer to see if a supercharger is blue because of its own circle or a surrounding circle. With Cottonwood's method, as long as you drive through blue, you're good!

Also his method helps to show the harder charger to charger connections based on distance such as Jacksonville to Savannah.

Kevin can you add the Holbrook, AZ and Cranberry, PA locations to the map. I think those are the only ones missing and they seem to be the harder connections due to those gaps. Thanks.

1635 Navajo Blvd, Holbrook, AZ 86025 - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/25375-Supercharger-Holbrook-AZ
1308 Freedom Rd Cranberry Twp, PA 16066 - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...y-PA-Supercharger-Location-(NW-of-Pittsburgh)

I would be happy to but it's not my map !! :)

I was upset that they removed the Concord NH charger as this makes it difficult to get to the White Mountains area for skiing. We have an 60 kW model and we were able to get to Mt Sunapee to ski by using a charging station in Manchester while having dinner on the way back. 130 rated miles (uphill) to Sunapee and 100 rated miles (downhill) back to Boston + 40 rated miles from chargepoint station.

My understanding is that the next superchargers in the area are Sturbridge, MA and Kittery ME.

Concord is still a possibility but there may be a problem with getting the permit in NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi folks, forum newbie here! We're in Boston and have been waiting for the Concord NH supercharger station to open before ordering a model S. It used to be on the map as Fall 2013, but now it seems to have disappeared. There was also some talk of one at White River Junction VT but I'm not seeing that either.

I've read through this thread and see that the priority is Elon's cross-country trip but I'm wondering if anyone has any news or thoughts on when Tesla might start focusing more on the Northeast? (ME, VT, NH & MA)

Sorry meant to reply with quote:

I was upset that they removed the Concord NH charger as this makes it difficult to get to the White Mountains area for skiing. We have an 60 kW model and we were able to get to Mt Sunapee to ski by using a charging station in Manchester while having dinner on the way back. 130 rated miles (uphill) to Sunapee and 100 rated miles (downhill) back to Boston + 40 rated miles from chargepoint station.

My understanding is that the next superchargers in the area are Sturbridge, MA and Kittery ME.

Concord is still a possibility but there may be a problem with getting the permit in NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant to reply with quote:

I would not give up hope too quickly. The Simon Group and TM have teamed up at a couple of their malls for TM stores and/or Supercharging stations. They own The Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester and the Merrimack Premium Outlets in Merrimack. You might want to contact the local management or look at area zoning board meeting to see if something might be in the works.

Concord might be gone from the map, but something on I-93 in NH will have to be installed so those south of Boston can reach the West Lebanon, NH and Burlington, VT SCs. Concord/Hooksett Rest Area off I-93 N/S would be a logical spot...

Once Tesla is done with the cross country network, they may go back and increase the number of SCs in high-demand areas on the West Coast as well as expand the network in New England. I'd expect these to come around Q3-Q4 2014.

Concord might be gone from the map, but something on I-93 in NH will have to be installed so those south of Boston can reach the West Lebanon, NH and Burlington, VT SCs. Concord/Hooksett Rest Area off I-93 N/S would be a logical spot...

Once Tesla is done with the cross country network, they may go back and increase the number of SCs in high-demand areas on the West Coast as well as expand the network in New England. I'd expect these to come around Q3-Q4 2014.

@AIMc: The Manchester mall would be just OK, it's too close to Boston at 50 miles. The key location is Concord which is at the junction that splits going up to the White Mountains in NH or to VT. That extra 20 mile difference between Manchester and Concord is critical with the elevation changes in that area for a 60 kW S.

The Farmington, NM supercharger page has been created! Not yet live on the Tesla page, but it should be soon.

Farmington Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Yes, this tracks perfectly with my intel that they were going to do testing today. Given that they are supposed to test Blanding tomorrow, expect the Blanding page to come alive late tomorrow! Hopefully, they will both be on the main Tesla page and the Nav screen by this weekend!! :biggrin:

Somerset, PA just went LIVE.
Somerset Supercharger | Tesla Motors
Somerset Supercharger  Tesla Motors - Google Chrome 192014 74925 PM.bmp.jpg

Planning road trip...
:smile:

Cranberry, PA Supercharger --cross-posting from Cranberry, PA Supercharger Location (NW of Pittsburgh))

Just a couple pics to save everyone else the trouble of looking it up.
The first picture you can see I-76 (Turnpike) and I-79 interchange. The Residence Inn is marked-- but also to the right side of the picture you can see where the alternate location was that Tesla permitted.

. . .

I hope they don't put it in a Residence Inn parking lot. Having stayed at many a Residence Inn in my time, it's hard enough to find a parking spot there for hotel guests. If some spaces are eaten up by a SuperCharger, I guarantee you are going to have huge "I've been ICEd" problems in those charge spaces.