Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you in the Southeast, I heard a rumor that there is a Supercharger going in at "The Point" in Greenville, SC. If this is the place, Google Maps: The Point, it looks like a good location at the intersection of I-85 and I-385.

Would some locals check this out?

I might be able to forward along the message. Are they looking for construction? Has the permit been completed?

I unfortunately just drove through on Sunday evening otherwise I would have checked myself.

I might be able to forward along the message. Are they looking for construction? Has the permit been completed?

I unfortunately just drove through on Sunday evening otherwise I would have checked myself.

Re Greenville SC, what I heard was pretty vague. Maybe look for permits now, and stuff in a week or a few. Looks like a great location to and from Atlanta. :biggrin:

Re Greenville SC, what I heard was pretty vague. Maybe look for permits now, and stuff in a week or a few. Looks like a great location to and from Atlanta. :biggrin:

I'll check with our Carolina's FB group.

The Atlanta location is supposed to be in Atlantic Station but that permit hasn't gone through yet either. It will have a bunch of Superchargers and other lower capacity chargers as well, so the rumor goes - http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/atlantech/2014/03/atlantic-station-to-become-southeasts-largest.html

Obviously the time frame isn't accurate anymore.

For those of you in the Southeast, I heard a rumor that there is a Supercharger going in at "The Point" in Greenville, SC. If this is the place, Google Maps: The Point, it looks like a good location at the intersection of I-85 and I-385.

Would some locals check this out?

I contacted the property manager of The Point yesterday and had an interesting email exchange. There is no conclusive evidence that the Superchargers will be there but the person also did not confirm that they would not be there and has stopped responding (which they were originally very quick to respond).

Me - "Hello, I was curious if The Point or any other locations within Greenville have been in talks with Tesla Motors concerning placing Tesla Superchargers on their property. Thanks for the help."

Answer - "good morning Michael - Is there something specific I can help you with regarding this?"

Me - "Yes, can you confirm if there will be Tesla Superchargers at The Point in Greenville, SC? If so are you currently in the permitting process? Thank you."

Answer - "Michael – Can you please tell me who you are with, or the purpose for requesting this information? I do not see a company name in your e-mail."

Me - "I'm just a curious consumer. I currently live in Atlanta but grew up in Charlotte. I'm trying to understand where the new locations are being placed prior to them being operational. I know that the Atlanta location is most likely in Atlantic Station but those permits have not been filed to date. The same can be said about the Macon, GA location. I am just trying to gain some additional insight as to the proposed location for Greenville, SC."

This entire email exchange happened roughly within an hour and I haven't heard back from them in 6 hours. May not be a lot to read into but the answers seemed odd. I'll follow-up if I get a reply to my last message.

I contacted the property manager of The Point yesterday and had an interesting email exchange. There is no conclusive evidence that the Superchargers will be there but the person also did not confirm that they would not be there and has stopped responding (which they were originally very quick to respond).

Me - "Hello, I was curious if The Point or any other locations within Greenville have been in talks with Tesla Motors concerning placing Tesla Superchargers on their property. Thanks for the help."

Answer - "good morning Michael - Is there something specific I can help you with regarding this?"

Me - "Yes, can you confirm if there will be Tesla Superchargers at The Point in Greenville, SC? If so are you currently in the permitting process? Thank you."

Answer - "Michael – Can you please tell me who you are with, or the purpose for requesting this information? I do not see a company name in your e-mail."

Me - "I'm just a curious consumer. I currently live in Atlanta but grew up in Charlotte. I'm trying to understand where the new locations are being placed prior to them being operational. I know that the Atlanta location is most likely in Atlantic Station but those permits have not been filed to date. The same can be said about the Macon, GA location. I am just trying to gain some additional insight as to the proposed location for Greenville, SC."

This entire email exchange happened roughly within an hour and I haven't heard back from them in 6 hours. May not be a lot to read into but the answers seemed odd. I'll follow-up if I get a reply to my last message.

Based in this and the rumors that I heard, I think that the Swamp Fox should do some serious scouting in a week or so. :wink:

Based in this and the rumors that I heard, I think that the Swamp Fox should do some serious scouting in a week or so. :wink:

Have you heard additional rumors?

Unfortunately I didn't hear from the property manager again yesterday so I tried to ask again. The response I got was "I did not confirm or deny". With such an odd behavior I think that this is probably the location. We just need to look for permits.

Have you heard additional rumors?

Unfortunately I didn't hear from the property manager again yesterday so I tried to ask again. The response I got was "I did not confirm or deny". With such an odd behavior I think that this is probably the location. We just need to look for permits.

No additional rumors. The original rumor that I heard was credible, and this wording from the property manager sounds like it's coming from someone who knows, but does not want to confirm the Supercharger. Greenville, SC sure looks like it's one of the dots on the "coming soon" map...

I agree completely to look for permits. If anyone is in the area, or passing through, 10-20 minutes to drive around the parking lots at "The Point", might yield some good pics of activity or crates being staged.

Columbia, MO rumors

I was in Columbia, MO on Tuesday for an annual Advancing Renewables conference (advancing-renewables) held at the university (was asked to show off the car during session breaks). While there I briefly spoke with someone who I believe either works for the city or the local utility (can't remember exactly). He confirmed that Tesla had been in touch regarding installation of a supercharger at the local mall (sits right off of I-70) a couple of months ago but they have not heard back since then. I showed visible excitement at the news even though it sounds like no wheels are in motion just yet. I hope no obstacles are put up for this future installation and that this comes sooner than later - planning on making the drive out to TMC from St. Louis - really need those MO and KS superchargers!

No additional rumors. The original rumor that I heard was credible, and this wording from the property manager sounds like it's coming from someone who knows, but does not want to confirm the Supercharger. Greenville, SC sure looks like it's one of the dots on the "coming soon" map...

I agree completely to look for permits. If anyone is in the area, or passing through, 10-20 minutes to drive around the parking lots at "The Point", might yield some good pics of activity or crates being staged.

I just received confirmation from the city.

"A permit is in process with The Pointe, but the city has no involvement. I hope this helps!"

Do you have any tips on the Charlotte, NC or Concord, NC location?

I just received confirmation from the city.

"A permit is in process with The Pointe, but the city has no involvement. I hope this helps!"

Do you have any tips on the Charlotte, NC or Concord, NC location?

No, but I heard that something might be stirring in Ritzville WA. That looks like the red dot under the "n" in "Washington" on the coming soon map at Tesla Supercharger Map.

Ritzville.jpg