Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I can't match up the location description shown on that webcam page, "Sandane, Gloppen, Nordfjord, Norway", with a Norway location listed at Supercharger | Tesla Motors

It must be one of the locations listed on the Tesla website but I don't know which one.

I just returned from a two week vacation in Norway. Stunningly beautiful country. Did not spend any time in Oslo but did see a total of 7 Model S's in and around Bergen.

Found this webcam on a SuC station in Norway.

http://webcam.datainstituttet.no/view/index.shtml

Interesting... looks like an "accidental" capture of that SC site....

Interestingly, despite have 6 charging spaces, I'm hard pressed to identify more than two supercharger "cabinets". I can clearly see two, and then perpendicular to then there's what appears to be some switch gear, as it appears the wrong shape/color to be an additional SC cabinet.

Last edited:
Looks like Tifton, GA may be #100. It appears to have been tested by Tesla sources but we don't have any owners in the area until the end of the week. We'll have to see if they switch the website page soon.
Am I the only person who thinks someone needs to light a fire under whoever's in charge of U.S. Supercharger installations? 9 SCs have opened in Europe this month, versus just one (Salina) in the U.S. so far. The European installation curve looks like the sprint to finish the initial X-C route here, but lately new U.S. SCs have almost flat-lined.

Am I the only person who thinks someone needs to light a fire under whoever's in charge of U.S. Supercharger installations? 9 SCs have opened in Europe this month, versus just one (Salina) in the U.S. so far. The European installation curve looks like the sprint to finish the initial X-C route here, but lately new U.S. SCs have almost flat-lined.

I could not agree more! TMC members have proven pretty good at finding sites under construction and in the permit stage. To reach 200 U.S. Superchargers in North America by the end of 2014, we need at least 4 commissionings a week. If we assume 4 weeks to build and 4-6 weeks to permit, then we should see 16 sites under construction and 16-24 in the permitting stage at Supercharger.info. We don't see anything close to that... Yes, site selection and permitting can take some time, but that just a delay, and means that Tesla needs to start more that 4 per week. After a while the finished Superchargers will start popping out the other end of the pipe!

I'm concerned with the pace of new SC locations also. At the current rate, I don't expect Tesla to even have 150 locations by the end of 2014, even though Tesla's website projects 200 at the end of 2014. Under the current rate of roll outs, we may be lucky to hit 125 locations.

I appreciate all the locations that have been built to date, but was really hoping that more sites would materialize on I40 and I10 between the west coast and the east cost by the end of this year. This does not seem to be happening. In fact, the majority of locations and new construction/permits seem to still be in CA, AZ and neighboring states.

It would be nice if there are many sites under construction that Tesla is keeping from us, but I think that is wishful thinking.

I wonder if it's simply that our network of scouts is less dense in the middle of the country? It's entirely possible that they have quite a few in the works there.
But yes, I'm worried about the 200 as well - but last years we were also very very hard pressed that they'd reach their goal all the way into September and early October - and they pulled a lot of superchargers out of the head in a really short time. Maybe that's what'll happen this year as well.

I wonder if it's simply that our network of scouts is less dense in the middle of the country? It's entirely possible that they have quite a few in the works there.
But yes, I'm worried about the 200 as well - but last years we were also very very hard pressed that they'd reach their goal all the way into September and early October - and they pulled a lot of superchargers out of the head in a really short time. Maybe that's what'll happen this year as well.

Sounds like wishful thinking, Dirk. Assuming we were just doing a crappy job of of finding new permits and construction, there should still be SCs coming on line at the same rate but that clearly isn't happening. No, I'd say we are in the winter of our disconect... (apologies to willy s).

Part of the value of SCs to Tesla was free advertising and helping demand. They don't need more demand, so they may be focusing purely on high traffic routes and pushing off the routes through remote regions that really wouldn't have gotten much traffic.

Part of the value of SCs to Tesla was free advertising and helping demand. They don't need more demand, so they may be focusing purely on high traffic routes and pushing off the routes through remote regions that really wouldn't have gotten much traffic.

Connecting Texas? A connection straight East from Denver to Atlanta? A connection from Dan Francisco towards Denver?
These sound pretty high traffic to me.

Uh, yea, that was sort of my point. They may be focusing on securing those routes before year's end and ignoring something through, oh, Montana.

And also forgetting the Northeast. Zero SCs in Vermont, NH and Maine...one in Mass. Not good for sales or travel. ***Realize sales are not an issue at this time***

Connecting Texas? A connection straight East from Denver to Atlanta? A connection from Dan Francisco towards Denver?
These sound pretty high traffic to me.

Lots of obvious routes seem to be ignored by the SC team. It's interesting that the dallas - atlanta route has never been in any of the SC maps. Even the 2015 one. That seems like an obvious route. I see it as proof that Tesla has been winging it on anything more than 6 months out.

Basically, I think they should focus on key high traffic interstate routes. They seem to have figured out I70 Denver to KC. Why haven't they gotten I80? Or I20 (Dallas to Atlanta) or I90/94 Seattle to MPLS or or or...