Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the first "public record" of them or were they listed on the website prior to this. I don't own a Model S, but these are not including within the nav too are they? I thought this program was a bit bigger than the results that I saw on the map.
Destination charging program is new, not much publicity for it yet, and this is the first listing of installations together rather than individual reports. No reason for a listing on the nav system as if it's your destination you know the name of the place you're going to. Just say the name of your destination, no different if it has a charging station there or not. Superchargers are different, nav is needed to show where the next one is in the direction you're going.

Tesla has created a terrific new interactive map of both superchargers and HPWC's across the United States. Excellent of them to put the HPWC's on the map and incorporating them into the overall charging network for all to see.

Find Us | Tesla Motors

After you pointed out this site, I realized that South Hill, VA was not on the map. Tesla is getting really lazy/inconsistent with their updates. I'm constantly telling them that they're missing something. Their processes are not as well defined as I would expect. I've also noticed after a certain point they stopped adding the blue route to the pages but its not consistent with the previous pages. Just surprised they're not a little more detail oriented.

2014.08.13 - Find Us Map - South Hill, VA.png

2014.08.13 - Find Us List - South Hill, VA.png

2014.07.19 - Macon.png

2014.07.19 - Tifton.png

Attachments

• 2014.08.13 - Currently Open - South Hill, VA.png
    2014.08.13 - Currently Open - South Hill, VA.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 850
  • 2014.08.13 - Supercharger Map - South Hill, VA.png
    2014.08.13 - Supercharger Map - South Hill, VA.png
    938 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
After you pointed out this site, I realized that South Hill, VA was not on the map. Tesla is getting really lazy/inconsistent with their updates. I'm constantly telling them that they're missing something. Their processes are not as well defined as I would expect. I've also noticed after a certain point they stopped adding the blue route to the pages but its not consistent with the previous pages. Just surprised they're not a little more detail oriented.

They fixed the South Hill issue but unfortunately again without a simple thank you. I guess I'll stop providing feedback.

If I was to work with customer service on Tesla I would make people satisfied and thank them for pinpointing errors. I guys I am one of those rare guys now a days who understand the true meaning of being service-minded. I would definately say thank you to you airj1012. :)

If I was to work with customer service on Tesla I would make people satisfied and thank them for pinpointing errors. I guys I am one of those rare guys now a days who understand the true meaning of being service-minded. I would definately say thank you to you airj1012. :)

I'd suggest that it's not that people aren't service-minded, but rather than in most call centers the responders are given a script to read from and they know little about the product other than what's written. They also get in trouble if they spend too much time with their customers. (The worst case I have heard of is that a customer had a number of questions, I recall 15, and after each question the call centre hung up to limit the time they were on the call.) I haven't found Tesla to be this way, but the vast majority of call centers are. It doesn't help that many of them are not native speakers.

I'd suggest that it's not that people aren't service-minded, but rather than in most call centers the responders are given a script to read from and they know little about the product other than what's written. They also get in trouble if they spend too much time with their customers. (The worst case I have heard of is that a customer had a number of questions, I recall 15, and after each question the call centre hung up to limit the time they were on the call.) I haven't found Tesla to be this way, but the vast majority of call centers are. It doesn't help that many of them are not native speakers.

Thank you Nichen.

jerry33 the person I have been submitting multiple errors which have then been corrected is a Sr. Product Manager who is in charge of these Supercharger web pages (at least the original one). I'm sure of all the areas that this person is in charge of but I had a few internal contacts and was directed to provide feedback specifically to him. Again a simple thank you would be great seeing that I'm helping him and his team actually make his product accurate. Oh well.

Thank you Nichen.

jerry33 the person I have been submitting multiple errors which have then been corrected is a Sr. Product Manager who is in charge of these Supercharger web pages (at least the original one). I'm sure of all the areas that this person is in charge of but I had a few internal contacts and was directed to provide feedback specifically to him. Again a simple thank you would be great seeing that I'm helping him and his team actually make his product accurate. Oh well.

A thank you is appropriate. Hopefully, you won't let Tesla's lack of acknowledgment stop you though. After all, you are still doing a good thing for the Tesla community at large. So thanks from me!

Since July 1st, Tesla has opened up, on average, more than one supercharger location per day.

RT

Yes, but the vast majority have been in Europe. Good for the Europeans and the European market, but I really would like to see some more North American action in the U.S. and Canada soon. Tesla needs to do this to hit the 200+ Superchargers in North America on the 2014 map. My theory (and hope) is that Tesla did a big push in Europe to have North to South connectivity for the, huge in Europe, August vacation season. Now that that push is nearing completion, I hope that the Supercharger production and budget can shift focus back to North America...

Yes, but the vast majority have been in Europe. Good for the Europeans and the European market, but I really would like to see some more North American action in the U.S. and Canada soon. Tesla needs to do this to hit the 200+ Superchargers in North America on the 2014 map. My theory (and hope) is that Tesla did a big push in Europe to have North to South connectivity for the, huge in Europe, August vacation season. Now that that push is nearing completion, I hope that the Supercharger production and budget can shift focus back to North America...

On January 1st, 2014:

North America = 50
Europe = 14
Asia = 0
Total = 64

On August 15th, 2014:

North America = 106
Europe = 57
Asia = 9
Total = 172

In the last 7.5 months 108 new Supercharger stations came online:

North America = 56
Europe = 43
Asia = 9
Total = 108

So far, it appears that the US got the larger piece of the pie in 2014, right?

On January 1st, 2014:

North America = 50
Europe = 14
Asia = 0
Total = 64

On August 15th, 2014:

North America = 106
Europe = 57
Asia = 9
Total = 172

North America = 56
Europe = 43
Asia = 9
Total = 108

Not really relevant. Like Cottonwood said, there's projected to be 200 in North America by the end of this year. They have a lot to do in not much time.

Not really relevant. Like Cottonwood said, there's projected to be 200 in North America by the end of this year. They have a lot to do in not much time.

I think it sure is relevant.

And I also think that a lot more new Supercharger stations will go live in the remaining part of this year in North America, Europe, and Asia.

But how many new Supercharger stations will go live in 2014 in total?

My guess would be: 240 in total in 2014.

200 - 108 = 132

And those 132 would be a total for 3 continents!!!

Although I do think that there will be many new Supercharger stations going live in North America in the next 4.5 months, a total of 200 on December 31st, 2014 will not be possible. On the other hand, a total of about 160 on December 31st, 2014 will be very likely. The difference of the remaining 40 will follow in Q1 2015. Meaning that the total of 200 will certainly be achieved, though only with a delay of a few months.

And in Europe we will have a total of about 100 on December 31st, 2014. The remaining 32 will follow in Q1 2015.

Asia will have a total of about 40 on December 31st, 2014.

We all hope for more, but we also got to be reasonable.

A thank you is appropriate. Hopefully, you won't let Tesla's lack of acknowledgment stop you though. After all, you are still doing a good thing for the Tesla community at large. So thanks from me!

Thanks for the support (and the others that commented too). This is one of the things that attracted me to Tesla is the community. No other brand or product has this type of following. In fact, I don't even own a Tesla, and it may be a few more years before I do (although I currently hold a Model X reservation).

On January 1st, 2014:

North America = 50
Europe = 14
Asia = 0
Total = 64

On August 15th, 2014:

North America = 106
Europe = 57
Asia = 9
Total = 172

North America = 56
Europe = 43
Asia = 9
Total = 108

I was referring to more recent history. Since July 1, according to Supercharger.info from the change tab, the "live" counts are:

North America: 8
Europe: 33
Asia: 6

Total: 47

It is wonderful that Tesla has been turning on Superchargers at a rate of about 1 per day since July 1 this year, but about 70% have been in Europe and 17% in North America. I do believe that Tesla made an appropriate push in Europe for the August holiday season.

With 138 days left this year, I really hope that Tesla can keep up the install pace, and maybe even get close to 200 North American Superchargers by the end of this year. I also hope that an interesting fraction of those North American installs will be in Canada. They currently have a single Supercharger, the same as Belgium and Slovenia.