Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger stations in Japan.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Benz

Nov 15, 2012
Netherlands
This thread is only for all the discussions and info regarding all the Supercharger stations in Japan.

I have a question:

Currently Japan has 3 live Supercharger stations (Yokahama, and 2 in Tokyo).

If you look at the official 2014 Supercharger map of Asia on the Tesla Motors website, then you will see that there are three locations east of Tokyo with red dots. And 2015 is less than three weeks away.

I am not sure which locations, but I guess that these three locations are:
- Hamamatsu;
- Osaka / Kobe / Kyoto;
- Okayama.

My question is if somebody can try to find out if any permits have been issued by local authorities to realise Tesla Supercharger stations somewhere in the neighbourhood of those three area's? And of course if there are any locations where there actually is construction work going on already?

It would be nice if you could actually find them, and photo's are appreciated too.

As far as I know there's no way to pull out permits online... I personally heard Hamamatsu is in the parking lot out of Hamamatsu Service Area so people can drive off the highway from Hamamatsu Smart exit and charge there, go back to the highway from Hamamatsu Smart.
Smart means electronic only toll gate for the cars with Electric Toll Collection system.

Other locations in Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka I don't know.

I think Tesla should have negotiated leasing a land within the service area. In Japan highways are not free so if you get out and charge, and back on, you'll lose a few dollars.

As far as I know there's no way to pull out permits online... I personally heard Hamamatsu is in the parking lot out of Hamamatsu Service Area so people can drive off the highway from Hamamatsu Smart exit and charge there, go back to the highway from Hamamatsu Smart.
Smart means electronic only toll gate for the cars with Electric Toll Collection system.

Other locations in Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka I don't know.

I think Tesla should have negotiated leasing a land within the service area. In Japan highways are not free so if you get out and charge, and back on, you'll lose a few dollars.

Is there in Japan some kind of a orgenisation/club/movement/website that is in favour of EV's, and watches the progress of EV's, and promotes EV's, and informs the Japanese people about EV's?

Something like the American website "Inside EVs".

Link: http://insideevs.com/

Trying from my smartphone :)

EVコラム | coco充電
By Nissan, this site is like PlugShare but only public ones, with this subsection for EV related blog posts

電気自動車(EV)関連コラム・ニュース一覧 - GoGoEV
Same style but this is by an independent small corporation

“d‹CŽ©“®ŽÔ - ƒXƒ}[ƒgƒWƒƒƒpƒ“
Bigger media site with EV subsection. More info on FCV than EVs

電気自動車ニュース
Independently owned EV media

EVオーナーãŒèªžã‚‹ç¾å®Ÿæ´¾ã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆï½œEVオーナーズクラブ
Japan EV Club
Two major EV owners clubs

I think that's it!

Trying from my smartphone :)

EVコラãƒ* | cocoå……é›»
By Nissan, this site is like PlugShare but only public ones, with this subsection for EV related blog posts

電気自動車(EV)関連コラãƒ*・ニュース一覧 - GoGoEV
Same style but this is by an independent small corporation

“d‹CŽ©“®ŽÔ - ƒXƒ}[ƒgƒWƒƒƒpƒ“
Bigger media site with EV subsection. More info on FCV than EVs

電気自動車ニュース
Independently owned EV media

EVオーナーãŒèªžã‚‹ç¾å®Ÿæ´¾ã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆï½œEVオーナーズクラブ
Japan EV Club
Two major EV owners clubs

I think that's it!

The Tesla Motors Supercharger page:
Asia-Pacific
Today – 48 stations

Currently on the Tesla Motors Find Us page:
40 in China
3 in Japan
2 in Australia

Where are the remaining 3?
Maybe in Japan?

I don't know - Tesla promised to build 5 more Superchargers in Japan by the end of this year, so I hope we'll see a few more! 3 in Tokyo doesn't make sense...

Per the supercharger site, looks like Japan is the only country remaining within the "Asia" location due for SC's in 2014. As of know:

- Tokyo =2
- Yokohama = 1
- Remaining = 5

This thread is only for all the discussions and info regarding all the Supercharger stations in Japan.

I have a question:

Currently Japan has 3 live Supercharger stations (Yokahama, and 2 in Tokyo).

If you look at the official 2014 Supercharger map of Asia on the Tesla Motors website, then you will see that there are three locations east of Tokyo with red dots. And 2015 is less than three weeks away.

I am not sure which locations, but I guess that these three locations are:
- Hamamatsu;
- Osaka / Kobe / Kyoto;
- Okayama.

My question is if somebody can try to find out if any permits have been issued by local authorities to realise Tesla Supercharger stations somewhere in the neighbourhood of those three area's? And of course if there are any locations where there actually is construction work going on already?

It would be nice if you could actually find them, and photo's are appreciated too.

The 4th Supercharger station in Japan is now live:

Kobe - Port Island Golf Course Supercharger
Port Island Golf Course
9 Chome-2-5 Minatojima
Kobe, Japan
港島9-2-5

There must be more Supercharger stations in Japan that are currently under construction.
The question is how to find the locations where they are currently under construction?