Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla supercharger throttling lawsuit how to join

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just supercharged today and this is getting even worse. At 25% battery I was at 40kw. I end up having to spend over an hour camping in a charging spot. This has gotten progressively worse over the last year. Has anyone been able to contact Tesla and have them undo this? Time for me to look up the lawsuit....

And btw, I have the 2020.48.37.1 update and it made my 2013 model S even worse..... peak of 40kw, really Tesla! Wonder if they’ll raise it again once my warranty is up in May.

Please publish the name of the lawsuit for this. Googling keeps coming up with the range limitation lawsuit.....

A few months ago it was still charging at ~78kw when battery is low (range less 30 miles). Today the max was 48kw when the range is low and most chargers are unoccupied. I spent an 45min only got my 2013 model s p85 charged up from range 30m to 140mile. This is getting worse and worse.

Makes sense. The longer the batteries are in service, the more we will be seeing of this.
For me, the December 26th (I think) firmware update that de-restricted previously restricted vehicles speeds, ended up restricting my MX.
My 2016 MS was capped at 94 kW rate 2 months after taking delivery, halfway through my first road trip. So as you can imagine, not too much use on my Model S yet at that point It was "de-restricted" to a point on that Dec 26 update, now I can hit 115kW.
On the flip side, Christmas Day, December 25th, 2020, I was able to charge at 144kW. Dec 26th firmware update installed, on December 27th, max rate capped at 112kW, and drops like a rock. I can only see the rates for a minute or two then drops to around 70's-ish. Regardless of temps.
Battery fully warmed in each case at 113*F or warmer (I have CAN BUS Access).
Further, Tesla is fudging BMS data, including charge cycles, and a lot more starting with firmware 10.x. This isn't the right place to get into all the nitty gritty details, but it is quite sad =-( Just one example, total battery cycles. I was at 1000 cycles on my Model S (I've been recording BMS data every 1000 miles since new at 100% SOC, now just under 150,000 miles, MX is at 118,000 Miles). I was at 1000 cycles one day, check next day and was at 950 charge cycles, day after that, 1010 charge cycles. Charge cycles isn't something that varies that much like total battery capacity.