Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Superchargers at Pubs/Hotels/Resturants

Gaz_

Jul 26, 2019
UK
I think this might be important enough to deserve a sticky :)

I was out the other weekend and needed to charge at about lunchtime near Barnsley and I discovered the supercharger was at Tankersley Manor Hotel, they had a very pleasant bar serving food. The sandwiches and a half of shandy took almost exactly as long as getting my car charged from 30% to 80%. I can recommend it.

It's not that I don't enjoy over priced fast food from motorway rest stops while I'm charging but perhaps we could start a list of nice food places that are really easy and close to superchargers

Where would you recommend?

Update: I know the car's map shows destination chargers but they are almost always 7KW chargers and nice as that is for overnight it isn't the same as a nice meal while waiting to get on with your journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neilio

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Supporting Member
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Liphook in Hampshire really surprised me. Navigated there in the pitch back, chucking it down, up a single track country lane to be greeted by one of the biggest hotel complexes I'd ever seen.

Decent meal in the sports bar there, didn't have time to explore the other (multiple) offerings.

Jev7

Oct 12, 2021
Isle of Wight
Liphook in Hampshire really surprised me. Navigated there in the pitch back, chucking it down, up a single track country lane to be greeted by one of the biggest hotel complexes I'd ever seen.

Decent meal in the sports bar there, didn't have time to explore the other (multiple) offerings.

I rated the pub at the end of the driveway. Just over a 5 min walk from the supercharger. You drive straight past it on the way in.

Reactions: Medved_77
I was out the other weekend and needed to charge at about lunchtime near Barnsley and I discovered the supercharger was at Tankersley Manor Hotel, they had a very pleasant bar serving food. The sandwiches and a half of shandy took almost exactly as long as getting my car charged from 30% to 80%. I can recommend it.
I've charged there before, had enough time for soup and a sandwich, and just like you said, perfect timing for enough charge to carry on. The only problem is that there's only 2 stalls.

PDB33

May 24, 2018
Oxford, UK
I think this might be important enough to deserve a sticky :)

It's not that I don't enjoy over priced fast food from motorway rest stops while I'm charging but perhaps we could start a list of nice food places that are really easy and close to superchargers

Where would you recommend?

Update: I know the car's map shows destination chargers but they are almost always 7KW chargers and nice as that is for overnight it isn't the same as a nice meal while waiting to get on with your journey.
At Wyboston there is a golf course with clubhouse at the far end of the car park. We had coffee in the clubhouse on the way to Norfolk and coffee + sandwich on the way back, sitting on the veranda overlooking the lake.

Reactions: Neilio

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
Are they? I only ever used 1 and it was 3 phase i.e. 11 KW in an M3.
Plugged in at the Arundel at Lifton, Devon. The food there is supposed to be good but a bit posh for the kids, so left the car there and popped next door to to the Litfon hall hotel. The Venison burger is excellent. and got a free 20% charge to boot then finished off charging at the superchargers afterwards.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford

My friends got married there. It's a really lovely place but I agree it seems such a random SuC destination

Reactions: Medved_77

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC