Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is gearing up for its launch tommorow by installing superchargers in multiple locations in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
IMG_20170212_180802.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170212_180812.jpg
    IMG_20170212_180812.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20170212_180818.jpg
    IMG_20170212_180818.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 114
Ames where is your Supercharger located in Abu Dhabi

It is near the Airport, in Masdar City like this picture from Electrek site with a screen-shot from the official Tesla supercharger map is showing:
screen-shot-2017-02-13-at-11-14-42-am.png

I wonder why the supercharge.info site is late on this as it is not showing these two new UAE supercharger locations in its map, which is very different from what we are use to see of their so enthusiastic and proactive job.

It is near the Airport, in Masdar City like this picture from Electrek site with a screen-shot from the official Tesla supercharger map is showing:

I wonder why the supercharge.info site is late on this as it is not showing these two new UAE supercharger locations in its map, which is very different from what we are use to see of their so enthusiastic and proactive job.

I think it is down to one of us to send them the update....

There are 4 stalls, one has a US style adapter, the other three have Type 2 Euro connectors. Yesterday I was charging my Euro spec Model S at the same time as a US spec Model X.

Oh that's no good - having different connectors in different continents is one thing, but having a market with mixed connectors will just make things worse!

I can only guess it's because there has been a mixture of US and European direct imports in the past.

Reactions: dndcruz
Oh that's no good - having different connectors in different continents is one thing, but having a market with mixed connectors will just make things worse!

I can only guess it's because there has been a mixture of US and European direct imports in the past.

I think it is a brilliant even if temporary solution. The last time we looked there were 70 cars alive in the UAE and many of them are US spec. It makes sense. Here is a pic of my Euro Spec Model S charging at the same time as a US Spec Model X...I had to move from stall 1a to 2a because 1b (the Model X) was getting all the juice...I'm a supercharger noob...
us_euro_supercharger.png

• Love

I have sent a mail to BlueShift who looks after supercharge.info. I'm sure it will be up soon.

Reactions: Chuq
All new cars will be European specification. There is no word on any Middle East specific modifications as yet. We are hoping to get local SIM cards provided by Tesla and a new Navigon map set to enable turn-by-turn navigation (and to enable autosteer in HW2 cars).

Elon announced supercharges for other regional countries including Saudi, Oman, Qatar...etc. So real road trips will be a possibility. We never really had much trouble getting around the UAE...