Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the tesla pop-up store in the Dubai mall today. I believe the model S shown there had a US charge port. At least, it didnt look like the european port on my car. It had a charging light on the left hand side. Not sure if the Model S and X on display are representative for the models that will be sold in the emirates

IMG_0576.JPG

Saw the tesla pop-up store in the Dubai mall today. I believe the model S shown there had a US charge port. At least, it didnt look like the european port on my car. It had a charging light on the left hand side. Not sure if the Model S and X on display are representative for the models that will be sold in the emirates

View attachment 216307
No they won't, if I'm not wrong , as stated by Tesla they will be selling the European models here ! You sure it was not the euro connector ?

Hey everyone,

What amazing stories and adventure I've been reading here.

So I'm pretty new here in this group and was hoping a Tesla owner with a Model X US Spec could help me out.

I plan on bringing my Telsa Model X from Canada to Dubai. I wanted to know what plug type did you have to purchase from the US store to bring into Dubai, so you could charge.
A. Is the Chademo required here in Dubai.
B. What if I purchased a Tesla Wall Connector from Canada. Will it be compatible with the UAE electrical specs? 120V to 240V?
C. How does a Tesla US spec owner charge their current cars at home in Dubai?

Can anyone with a Tesla US Spec in Dubai help me out, I would really appreciate it, just so I could prepare myself.

Many Thanks

The good news is that the Superchargers will charge US spec cars - one of every four stalls has a US spec cable. Chademo is also available so you can bring your adapter and charge with that. I would recommend a conversion cable so that you can charge from a Type 2 public station; most of these don't come with cables. As for charging at home, you will need an electrician to install a suitable circuit. An older us spec car with dual chargers can pull up to 80 amps. My home has 3 phase 100 amps so I could theoretically set up a US spec HPWC with the right breaker and a single (phase) circuit with the correct cable thickness. Some of our owners out here have in fact done that.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart