Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharging Adive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have had a model 3 for 6 months and put on only 1300miles I think it’s would be the same for the next 6 months.

I have just received 400kw supercharging miles and have been told to use them within 6 months

my nearest supercharger is Brent Cross which is 3 miles away.

what’s the best way to use the miles and preserve the battery.

1 do I supercharge every time to 90%?
2 I only use it ocassionally and not worry about using all the miles.
3 do I just charge it at Brent Cross every 2 weeks to 95%

at the moment i just use a 3 pin external
Wall socket which is fine as I only do about 3000 miles a year

it’s 400kw but I’m using 250w per mile so does this mean I’ve actually got 1600miles in theory?

Go on a road trip to use them up(only charge to what you need to get to the next charger+a margin) or just charge it to 80% and then higher when you need to. You don't *have* to use them., It's not actually 1000 miles it's the amount of KW it would use to do 1000 miles. So you can get more of you are careful, or less if you take the opportunity to drive it like you stole it for free :)

If you are making a longer trip by all means use the supercharger miles, but don't get too giddy about the 'risk of not using them all'.

Depending upon what you pay for your electricity at home, the 'value' could be as little as £20 (Octopus - 5p x 400) even on a 3 pin plug.

If it's free, might as well.. I used to travel to my nearest supercharger once a week and fill up with electrons, until my free miles expired.
I did exactly the same, and now I travel to the office for some free electrons.

May not be quite as easy when the office fills back up as the free charging points will get busy as there are quite a few Tesla’s and other EVs at work now and only 4 charging points..