Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharging - SC05 - Transfer supercharging workaround?

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Car makers don't get DMV title transfer notices since it doesn't concern them. I recently had to move the X from the company name into my name - it doesn't concern Tesla and if the DMV does release that information, that's going to be a major privacy issue and I'm sure someone will go after the state.

all of that info is publicly available. we/they may not know who the owner was, but anybody can see that a registration event has occurred

njmurvin

Oct 4, 2021
Simi Valley CA
So be it. I figure this is my best shot at preserving the free supercharging. I will mostly home charge but on those other occasions it would obviously be better to have the free supercharging.

mjptech

Being cyberbullied by TMC users PhilDavid + DCEV
Mar 30, 2019
Ventura
all of that info is publicly available. we/they may not know who the owner was, but anybody can see that a registration event has occurred

True, but, that could be as simple as a name spelling correction, address change, removing of a secondary person on a title (which is technically what I did - removing the company name), or payoff/lien change. But, there's no identifying information without a complete pull/records request, which, I doubt they'll be granted/given for each and every Tesla registration event. So, there shouldn't be any worry about Tesla spying on registration changes.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
True, but, that could be as simple as a name spelling correction, address change, removing of a secondary person on a title (which is technically what I did - removing the company name), or payoff/lien change. But, there's no identifying information without a complete pull/records request, which, I doubt they'll be granted/given for each and every Tesla registration event. So, there shouldn't be any worry about Tesla spying on registration changes.

IMO, the less you do, the better. Don't give Tesla any reason to remove any feature. So, what if you just corrected your name. Do you want to fight an uphill battle?

modX2017

Jun 14, 2018
CA
Car makers don't get DMV title transfer notices since it doesn't concern them. I recently had to move the X from the company name into my name - it doesn't concern Tesla and if the DMV does release that information, that's going to be a major privacy issue and I'm sure someone will go after the state.
So after you moved it to your name from company name, did it keep free supercharging? Was the car pre-2017?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC