Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Support Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the online Tesla support form to make a suggestion for a new Easter Egg, figuring that there might be a chance to see it implemented if it was a good one. The reply back from Tesla support clearly indicated that they didn't read my post.

I was suggesting a Karaoke Easter Egg -- it would be fun to sit at the SuperCharger and sing along to Karaoke. This is the reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Tesla! Please allow me to apologize for the delay in our response to this email.

In looking over your vehicle, I do show that you did not yet receive the firmware with the option We are still rolling these out, and you should be seeing them within the coming weeks. Once they are downloaded over WiFi, they will install and this option will become available to you.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).

Best Regards,

XXXXX | Tesla Support
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 1/9/2019 7:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Tesla Account support email

I would like to see an Easter Egg that does Karaoke in the car while parked...

I thought it was more about the fact that the service center replied with an answer that isn’t relevant to the question.

You asked for Karaoke mode, they said you don’t have the latest update and it’ll will be available once you do????

I thought it was more about the fact that the service center replied with an answer that isn’t relevant to the question.

You asked for Karaoke mode, they said you don’t have the latest update and it’ll will be available once you do????

Yeah, now it's two issues (1) if I had checked to see if the feature had been requested before posting to support, I wouldn't have bothered and (2) the main issue of support not reading the message...

[In my reply above, I was poking fun at myself for my fail -- all while posting about Tesla's fail]