TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla support is now non existent

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by hcdavis3, Sep 21, 2019.

1. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

Closed on Saturday and Sunday. We drive our cars on those days. Chat not available. It is pathetic how Tesla treats its customers. If I was a new visitor to the forums there is no way in Hell I’d buy a Tesla. Sad.

• Disagree x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Fossil Fool

Fossil Fool Member

My Mercedes dealer is closed on the weekends, too. What is this world coming to?

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  3. sduck

sduck Mr. Duck

Damn, and i thought it was just the Ford, Chevy, GM, and Toyota (etc...) service centers that closed on the weekends.

• Funny x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Considering this is Saturday morning, you must have had some issue with your car that prompted this post?

Issues generally fall into two buckets: those that render the car undriveable, and those that can wait until Monday. For the former, I'm pretty sure the Tesla Roadside Assistance line is still active 24/7.

I drive my car on Saturday and Sunday too. Put over 500 miles on the odometer last weekend. I did consider the following before the trip: in a scenario where something critical fails and the car can't be driven, it would have to be towed on a flatbed truck to the nearest service center, and we'd probably have to rent a car while it was being made driveable again, and I'd almost certainly have to take Monday off work to deal with it.

But that scenario didn't happen, and hasn't happened in 5 years of Tesla ownership. Instead, we just enjoyed the drive.

• Like x 4
  5. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

It is a good thing that I only had my model 3 in for service once in 33k miles then and they just happened to have a model X p90d with ludicrous as a loaner, car was ready next day after several issues addressed, can't say I have ever had a better service visit from a dealership and I've owned several new cars before this one, Mercedes and BMW

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. FlashEV0625

FlashEV0625 Member

Maybe your trying to chat when they are still closed They operate in West Coast time

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  7. MoHazee4

MoHazee4 M3 LRD

I agree Tesla's customer services is complete garbage. But - I'm not sure what you'd expect over a weekend. Service departments are generally closed on weekends, some are open on Saturday's for a few hours.

I'm the first one to say Tesla Customer Service is garbage -- i can't say I agree on this one though. All good though.

• Like x 3
  8. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

My service center experience has been excellent over 3 visits. I just wanted to get some help via the 800 number I’ve called in the past over the weekend. I guess they were closed as you guys said.

• Informative x 1
  9. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

It's above the weekend closures. Getting anyone on the phone is tough at least in the last 1.5 weeks when I waited on hold for 50 minutes! I e-mailed a service concern a week ago - no response. Where is the online chat?

10. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

M3 Mike please read my last post. Tesla service center has been awesome. My issue is with the 800 support number. I called it a few times before this over a weekend and they were very helpful. They don’t answer that number anymore over the weekend. Again my service experience has been excellent every time. My bad for not making that clear.

• Helpful x 1