Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Support MIA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there -

Curious how you've managed to get support with Tesla.

I picked up my Model Y in December and noticed a number fit and finish issues after the fact. Some things you can only notice after having the car for a few days such as: Sentry mode says the rear drive side window is down, when it's not. The rear driver side door pools water when closed, splashing everyone when you open the door. The front passenger side window struggles when being pulled up from 3/4 position and often the motor stops. OH and the front driver sun visor assembly fell down into the drivers view when being adjusted on day while driving.
IMG_0166.JPG

I went through the process of documenting each one in the app and scheduling an appointment. Originally the appointment was at the Service Center in Brooklyn which is only 10min drive from me, and besides the fact that earliest appointment I could get was a month away, the location is perfect. Just last week I got an update through the app that the appointment was going to be done with the Mobile Service Tech.

Last night I checked the app for details (should I wait for the tech near the car at 9:15) - I street park in Brooklyn so these details can be relevant. But the appointment wasn't in my app anymore. Instead when I click Service I get the opportunity to schedule an entirely new appointment but no history or record of previous bookings or chat conversations show up.

What's the story? I tried calling Brooklyn service to see if I should still drive in - but they wouldn't answer the phone for any service related request. I tried chatting with the Tesla support online but it won't allow me to chat (assuming it's before hours somehow, my request to chat at 10:40am ET / 7:40am PT doesn't go through instead I'm presented with a message that says "chat agents are available between 7am and 3pm PT?).

Should I just drive the car to the Brooklyn Service Center and leave in the garage driveway?

Yes. Drive to your local SC, but make sure to check-in and speak to an advisor. Go to another if it's a bad SC.

You shouldn't be driving around with that sunvisor dangling in your face. It's a hazard.
Water getting in your vehicle is very bad and needs to be fixed immediately.

Hey there -

Curious how you've managed to get support with Tesla.

I picked up my Model Y in December and noticed a number fit and finish issues after the fact. Some things you can only notice after having the car for a few days such as: Sentry mode says the rear drive side window is down, when it's not. The rear driver side door pools water when closed, splashing everyone when you open the door. The front passenger side window struggles when being pulled up from 3/4 position and often the motor stops. OH and the front driver sun visor assembly fell down into the drivers view when being adjusted on day while driving.
View attachment 631915

I went through the process of documenting each one in the app and scheduling an appointment. Originally the appointment was at the Service Center in Brooklyn which is only 10min drive from me, and besides the fact that earliest appointment I could get was a month away, the location is perfect. Just last week I got an update through the app that the appointment was going to be done with the Mobile Service Tech.

Last night I checked the app for details (should I wait for the tech near the car at 9:15) - I street park in Brooklyn so these details can be relevant. But the appointment wasn't in my app anymore. Instead when I click Service I get the opportunity to schedule an entirely new appointment but no history or record of previous bookings or chat conversations show up.

What's the story? I tried calling Brooklyn service to see if I should still drive in - but they wouldn't answer the phone for any service related request. I tried chatting with the Tesla support online but it won't allow me to chat (assuming it's before hours somehow, my request to chat at 10:40am ET / 7:40am PT doesn't go through instead I'm presented with a message that says "chat agents are available between 7am and 3pm PT?).

Should I just drive the car to the Brooklyn Service Center and leave in the garage driveway?

I went through the process of documenting each one in the app and scheduling an appointment. Originally the appointment was at the Service Center in Brooklyn which is only 10min drive from me, and besides the fact that earliest appointment I could get was a month away, the location is perfect. Just last week I got an update through the app that the appointment was going to be done with the Mobile Service Tech

Big heads up, around 24 or 48 hours before a mobile service appointment in the NYC area, they send you an email letting you know the service can not be performed parked on the street. Luckily I was able to get a garage near me to allow the service to be done there when I had a Mobile Service appointment, but this makes mobile service in NYC a pain. I don’t know if push come to shove if they will do it, but I am guessing it is a safety or insurance issue.

The Brooklyn service center is a pain to book. Try all of the branches on the phone system until you get someone in Brooklyn and have them transfer you. I think sales is the path I usually take. The people who run the service desk are fantastic from my experience, you just have to get to them. If you explain that your delivery follow up appointment was automatically moved to a Mobile Service appointment and then dumped, I am sure they will fit you in. Just be nice to them...I have found them to be very helpful. Tesla’s service booking system does not set anyone up for success on either side.

Reactions: psion and DanDi58