Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Support - Will they make my layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the chances I send this, they will make me the layout.

I tried SolarEdge support they say Tesla can only do it, and they won't do it for me, or they won't give me access to do it.

Attachments

• Panel-Layout.PNG
    Panel-Layout.PNG
    413.7 KB · Views: 72
If the question is " will tesla make this layout in solar edge app for me for my already existing solar they installed" the answer to that is likely "no". I am not sure I understand the question, though.

I seem to remember a thread that talked about people making their own layouts in the solar edge app (after install, and PTO) and I can try to find it, but first would want to be sure thats what you are asking.

If the question is " will tesla make this layout in solar edge app for me for my already existing solar they installed" the answer to that is likely "no". I am not sure I understand the question, though.

I seem to remember a thread that talked about people making their own layouts in the solar edge app (after install, and PTO) and I can try to find it, but first would want to be sure thats what you are asking.

Sorry about that - yes you are correct that is what I was trying to ask.

Here is some update:

- I opened a SolarEdge case, was very nice, they replied, that only Tesla can do the change and make you a physical layout.

- Called Tesla support, they were very nice, said that he understands what I need, he said he will ask if they can, I shared with him the layout, and he said I have Monitor and Layout Read permissions and they cannot open me higher perm, and also won't do it for me.

So right now I am stuck with a stupid Logical layout, and if I find an issue with any panel I go and refer to my Physical layout on a flat file and know exactly what panel it is.

I confirmed that system works as when all my snow had not melted the panels that had snow did not produce and I could identify.

Pretty much everyone is in this position if Tesla did the Solar Edge install I think.

We have two sets of panels on two roof sections and due to how the sun moves across them we’re able to discern which group the panels are in but that’s about it. Ultimately with no trees for shading and just clouds, I guess it doesn’t really matter to us exactly where the panels are in relationship to placement on the roof sections. Just that the output level is within production tolerances.

I suppose with business as brisk as it is and way more installs to do, they don’t have the manpower or time to allot to make a pretty chart for everyone. If a panel is way off in production they know where to find it if they need to come out to repair/replace.

Last edited: