Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla survey shows take rate for Full Self-Driving package is surprisingly low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprising... You're another non-owner that doesn't know anything about FSD commenting on it.

I go through ~10 traffic lights to get to work every morning. Same going back home. My car has been doing all of that for me. It handles stop signs as well.

MY_efficiency_jun25.jpg

Urban and suburban area are a sea of traffic lights and stop signs. Maybe you live and work in the middle of nowhere.

In other words, you primarily use it on the freeway for autosteer and adaptive cruise control? The two features that come standard on all cars. I love it for the freeway.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Not surprising... You're another non-owner that doesn't know anything about FSD commenting on it.

I go through ~10 traffic lights to get to work every morning. Same going back home. My car has been doing all of that for me. It handles stop signs as well.

View attachment 706294

Urban and suburban area are a sea of traffic lights and stop signs. Maybe you live and work in the middle of nowhere.
If you were talking to me, you are incorrect. I currently own a Raven Model S. Previously had the Model 3, hated it and went back to the Model S just a few months later. Had several prior Model S cars as well. Also owned 4 other Model 3's through my business. My car has FSD, as have my prior two cars.

Yes, it will do traffic lights and stop signs. Even stops at the green lights too! And, if you're the first car at the cross walk, it won't take off on green until you hit the throttle. Much better if you have cars in front of you as it will take off with the other cars on its own.

If you were talking to me, you are incorrect. I currently own a Raven Model S. Previously had the Model 3, hated it and went back to the Model S just a few months later. Had several prior Model S cars as well. Also owned 4 other Model 3's through my business. My car has FSD, as have my prior two cars.

Yes, it will do traffic lights and stop signs. Even stops at the green lights too! And, if you're the first car at the cross walk, it won't take off on green until you hit the throttle. Much better if you have cars in front of you as it will take off with the other cars on its own.
Don't mind him. He's one of those folks who simply refuses to believe that customers and/or shareholders might be unhappy with the product or the way the company acts.

Sure, bud. You didn't know about traffic light control until I told you. ;)

This is you:
"In other words, you primarily use it on the freeway for autosteer and adaptive cruise control? The two features that come standard on all cars. I love it for the freeway."

My car drives me on surface streets.
My car drives me on freeways.
What other car offers these functions? None.
AP/FSD is only going getting better.

Tesla can't build cars fast enough for their customers. I had a long wait before I got mine and I'm a very happy owner.

As for unhappy shareholders.... I know there are or were a lot of unhappy shorts. Many have disappeared after giving up their losing bets. 😅😆😁🤣

Don't mind him. He's one of those folks who simply refuses to believe that customers and/or shareholders might be unhappy with the product or the way the company acts.

You've been on TMC for years spouting your weak FUD and Tesla is still setting record after record. ;)

Lots of that going on around here

• Disagree
You've been on TMC for years spouting your weak FUD and Tesla is still setting record after record. ;)

What FUD am I spreading? Just because they are selling record amounts of vehicles (for them, not for the industry mind you) does not mean their customer service isn’t taking a serious nose dive.

I have been an owner since 2015 and I have seen the steady decline first hand.

I also purchased FSD. Which is a complete joke and nowhere near feature complete. My AP1 vehicle with Mobileye technology was better.

The fanboi is strong with you. We get it.

My thought process is.. I have a FSD subscription. I only keep my Teslas for a year. At 2K plus per year its a much better deal than 10 k to buy it outright.
I hesitated to buy FSD on my Model 3, I needed up selling it after 2 years to buy a Model Y.

If we could purchase a FSD license which is transferable, I would buy it without hesitation. However, 90% if my driving is highway and Autopilot is actually doing an amazing job. FSD would be amazing if it could bring my kids by itself at school and come back ;)

Reactions: Microterf
Like 3-5 years ago I read an interesting article about how self driving cars would not suddely appear, but incremental pieces of the tech would creep into cars as standard features like lane-keep assist, emergency braking/collision avoidance, parallel parking, auto lane change. Indeed they have to varying degrees.

I skipped FSD because the "pitch" over EAP was that it does lane changes and onramps/offramps. That's the easy part. I find that the mentally taxing part of driving is the small cognitive load of maintaining your lane and speed for hours on end, which EAP handles beautifully. Even economy cars are doing this now. I recently rented a Hyundai Santa Fe expecting nothing and was delighted by the always-on steering assistance.

So I am in no way surprised by these numbers. My hope is that the competition keeps gradually standardizing the features that Tesla puts behind that 10k paywall and forces them to compete better. It's silly that auto-park is bundled in there, and maybe in a year I'll be saying the same thing about the more important stuff like lane changes and highway ramps.

I think I would pay 5-10k for FSD if it could drive me while I take a nap or watch Netflix.

Your weak FUD on TMC has been making absolutely no difference. Another record quarter for Tesla in the books.

Q3: AUSTIN, Texas, October 2, 2021 – In the third quarter, we produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles.

What FUD am I spreading? Just because they are selling record amounts of vehicles (for them, not for the industry mind you) does not mean their customer service isn’t taking a serious nose dive.

I have been an owner since 2015 and I have seen the steady decline first hand.

I also purchased FSD. Which is a complete joke and nowhere near feature complete. My AP1 vehicle with Mobileye technology was better.

The fanboi is strong with you. We get it.

• Disagree
Your weak FUD on TMC has been making absolutely no difference. Another record quarter for Tesla in the books.

Q3: AUSTIN, Texas, October 2, 2021 – In the third quarter, we produced approximately 238,000 vehicles and delivered over 240,000 vehicles.
Once again; explain how it is FUD? Selling 12% of your owners the one thing you are building your brand on is a miserable failure.

And that’s what this thread is about. Not how many vehicles they are selling. Which, again, is but a fraction of what the competition is selling. And yes the competition IS traditional ICE manufacturers. Not other EV manufacturers.

Unless I’m mistaken in thinking the mission statement is still mass-market EV adoption. I don’t read all of Elons tweets, so maybe I’m behind.