Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla suspending production amid coronavirus outbreak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking they delayed long enough to wrap up production on the initial run of the model Y. I just received notice my Y was on a truck heading to Maryland as of 3/19 with a delivery date of 3/26. I've been told the delivery will be "contact-less" with materials that need signatures left on the seat and videos cued up on the display.

Though I appreciate the commitment to deliver vehicles as promised, I would not have had an issue with the halt to production happening earlier. I am happy to see Tesla giving employees paid leave during the work stoppage.

This is the correct call. I can wait.

The benefit of this delay for most people will be that you have more time to assess the economic impact of the virus and your own personal financial situation before being rushed into a delivery.
Absolutely the perfect post describing how I and I am sure many of us feel at this time!

'She who must be obeyed' was already giving me grief last week for still going ahead with purchasing a $56K vehicle when the economy could possibly tank in the very near future. When my status page changed Tues night to asking for details I told her I'm holding off till we get some clarity/resolution on the virus situation. Happy wife.. happy life!

I will be very happy to give Elon my $$$$ once things have resolved, but he (like the rest of us) is simply going to put things on hold TFN.

Reactions: IdaBish