Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SVP of Global Sales, Michael van der Sande, resigns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
No real confirmation or details yet, but I suppose it will be coming. You heard it here first.

This is kind of a big deal since he is quite talented by all accounts and was focusing on the very important European market for Tesla.

Last edited:
Fired?

Unfortunately, it appears to me that Mr. van der sande may have been fired. Did anyone see the video shot in Europe comparing the Roadster to a comparable gas powered roadster. The first 2 minutes of the video were generally positive, then the last two minutes showed the roadster run out of battery power after 56 miles and then another roadster shut down due to reliability problems. I probably would have fired him after seeing this from a person that 'owns the marketing message' focused on European sales.

Unfortunately, it appears to me that Mr. van der sande may have been fired. Did anyone see the video shot in Europe comparing the Roadster to a comparable gas powered roadster. The first 2 minutes of the video were generally positive, then the last two minutes showed the roadster run out of battery power after 56 miles and then another roadster shut down due to reliability problems. I probably would have fired him after seeing this from a person that 'owns the marketing message' focused on European sales.

What you are talking about is the Top Gear UK (Jeremy Clarkson) test of the Tesla Roadster. This was a few months ago now and I think any fallout, had there been any would have happened before they opened the London store.
There is an entire thread about it here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/news-articles-events/1962-roadster-top-gear.html?highlight=gear