Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla "T" Shirt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
So...I've been waiting. Where is my Tesla "T" Shirt? Seriously, has no one thought of this yet? Forgive my 1st grade artwork, but you get the idea. It would be awesome. Somebody make it happen!

Tesla-T-Shirt.png

The notch on the T could be part of the neck hole, or not. Could design it either way I think.

UPDATE: Thinking about this more, I would design the notch into a v-neck for the ladies, since v-necks are typical for ladies shirts, and just have a standard whole at the top for the mens T. Ladies look just fine in mens T-shirts too, so they can pick whichever the like more, as long as there are sizes to match.

Last edited:

Those are nice. I like them, and may even get one or two. However, the concept I am trying to portray would have the T on the shirt extend all the way out to the ends of the sleeves. So imagine a red "T" on a white shirt. The tops of the shoulders extending out to the ends of the sleeves would be red, forming the top of the "T". The bottom of the sleeves would also be red, forming the bottom part of the top of the T. The base of the T would extend all the way down, perhaps all the way to the bottom of the shirt.

So the idea being, it isn't a shirt with a T logo on it. The shirt, as literally as it can be, actually becomes the T.

Not much response, so my wife and I decided to make a prototype version of the shirt as an example to give everyone a clearer picture of the concept. For the first go at it, we used a white shirt with red coloring in sort of a heather style (though my son says it makes it look pink, so some might prefer the red be more solid). Of course, you could do it in a lot of different coloring styles using white, grays, black, red, etc.

I don't have a picture of the back right now, but what we did was just the top edge red on the back, without the lower part of the red T. It looks good. But alternately, you could do a full T on the back too.

Of course, the T top looks a little droopy unless you hold your arms out to the sides, but that's fine. The idea wasn't to make a perfect symbol, but to have a stylized symbol that flows with the shirt shape. And it's still recognizable as the Tesla T.

tesla-t-shirt-prototype.jpg

I think this is a cool idea. Would be really interested if you got it printed on a high quality, well-shaped t-shirt. American Apparel do wholesale shirts that can be used for this kind of thing, are very high quality, and also have a commitment to environmentally friendly practises which is in line with Tesla's goals.

Nice design. I like that it's not immediately glaringly obvious that it's a Tesla logo.

Here's another try, this time black on white. However, we weren't able to get the same type of color application product, and the black isn't holding up well (too much bleed, not noticeable here because it hasn't been washed yet). We will probably have to redo it with a different color application product.

teslat-black-on-white.jpg

Here's another try, this time black on white. However, we weren't able to get the same type of color application product, and the black isn't holding up well (too much bleed, not noticeable here because it hasn't been washed yet). We will probably have to redo it with a different color application product.

View attachment 93302

Skotty...I like this color lot better than your previous color...may be if you get that bleeding to stop...this is a good color combo imho

View attachment 93302

Hi Skotty,

Any chance you and your wife might want to start making these "T" shirts yourselves and sell them??? If so, I'd buy two of them....one Blue with a White "T" and one White with a Blue "T".

Thanks,

Andrew