TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla t-shirt

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bonnie, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Hmm., reminds me of this:
    DSCF1914.jpg

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

4. bonnie

Only if you're the kind of person who puts a bumper sticker on your car. -ahem-

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ahem. But license plates with a message are ok....? :wink:

6. bonnie

Yes, those are okay. :)

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Love the sentiment , execution is weak.

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

$60 per year to the state government? I'd rather not. 'course, I'm not a bumper sticker person either.

9. daniel

daniel Active Member

The car has to have a license plate. A special plate costs more, but does not deface the car any more than a regular plate does. But a bumper sticker is like a billboard. It carries a message, but also defaces the car, as a billboard defaces the highway.

I had a bumper sticker on my old '89 Civic, but I didn't put it on until the car was a few years old. The Prius, now 8 years old, still doesn't have one. I've considered installing lettering on the Roadster (the same as I put on the Xebra): ALL ELECTRIC ALL THE TIME. But I can't see putting a bumper sticker on it. And I might not do the lettering either.

It's just too pretty a car to put anything on it. The license plates, however, are required. I don't have personalized plates, though, because all the good ones, as well as my name, have already been taken.

10. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The lettering is at least tasteful and doesn't increase the amount of tax I pay.

11. GSP

GSP Member

My favorite Tesla plate is "10E4 GAUSS" and it probably is not taken in your state yet. :smile:

If the plate is taken, maybe this could work on a t-shirt.

GSP

12. daniel

daniel Active Member

^ Cute, but does not appeal to me. I'm also not big on the ones that you have to try to figure out what they mean. I'd like "ELECTRIC" or "DANIEL" or something obvious. But the bottom line is that a personalized plate is not a big deal for me. Years ago I had my ham radio call sign on my plate (no charge for that) but I have not been active for almost two decades, so it doesn't seem proper. I believe that ham radio plates started so that in an emergency, a cop could identify a ham radio operator to provide communication. Nowadays, cell phones are more reliable, and cops have radios and internet-connected computers in their cars. And though I still have my license, I have not had a ham radio since 1995. I think I'll stick with my generic license plate.

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I have my dad's ham plates going back 60 years. All California, all the same characters. Plus his QSL card ink press woodcut from the 50's.