Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Taiwanese Supplier HOTA increasing output to 5K weekly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kengchang

Jul 17, 2017
California
特斯拉大量出貨 台廠忙翻 tw.news.yahoo.com

Rough translation

Tesla Taiwanese Supplier HOTA CEO said on the 12/13, HOTA is currently supplying 5000 Model 3 parts weekly, 2K higher than the previous month. HOTA is working overtime to deliver the parts through sea freight and air freight due to Tesla urging the supplier chain to speed up the supply.

HOTA is estimating to deliver 10K parts weekly by March 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
"currently supplying 5000 Model 3 parts weekly, 2K higher than the previous month"

So the projected car production rate is 2.5 times (5000/3000) higher than last month? Some people seem to interpret the news as 5000 cars weekly but the procentual increase in supply rate compared to recent rates of car production suggests otherwise.

"currently supplying 5000 Model 3 parts weekly, 2K higher than the previous month"

So the projected car production rate is 2.5 times (5000/3000) higher than last month? Some people seem to interpret the news as 5000 cars weekly but the procentual increase in supply rate compared to recent rates of car production suggests otherwise.

something is wrong with your maths.;);)
:)

Reactions: T34ME
Assuming one shipset per car (which is a dangerous assumption, I admit), then if they're also supplying for S&X that's already 2000 shipsets per week for current production of S/X. That leaves 3,000 for M3 (i.e. production rate of 150,000 M3's/year). If they're gearing up to 10k a week as from March, that would mean a production rate of 400,000 M3's a year. Mjam.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
特斯拉大量出貨 台廠忙翻 tw.news.yahoo.com

Rough translation

Tesla Taiwanese Supplier HOTA CEO said on the 12/13, HOTA is currently supplying 5000 Model 3 parts weekly, 2K higher than the previous month. HOTA is working overtime to deliver the parts through sea freight and air freight due to Tesla urging the supplier chain to speed up the supply.

HOTA is estimating to deliver 10K parts weekly by March 2018.

I caution against jumping the gun on this news, and especially on the "10,000 per week by March 2018" part.

Last edited:
Dammit, don't know where I got the 2.5 figure from. Meant ~1.7. Anyway, the point stands that the order rate (assuming that the news item refers to part sets) has not matched production rate too well thus far and I wouldn't get too excited about this news item. Hoping for the best, though.
I was thinking along these lines too, but perhaps it is a matter of how long the production rate is allowed to run. Since an increased rate is hoped for in March, it gives me hope that the 5k/week rate will run continuously until March.

On cars, presumably! Then they're going to sell them in exchange for money! :)
Excellent Assumption.

Now that you've gotten your laughs.......seriously.

When Tesla found their own battery pack snafu....the Highest VIN thread was sitting at about 1500. Now ( a month later ) the count is sitting at about 2500. That's 1K cars in the past month. That's 250 cars a week.

I ask again......where are they going to "store" all of those parts only making 250 cars a week?

Then again 5000 parts per month might make sense if they are tires or rims since you need 4 per car - that's 312 cars per week...so that would be an increase.

Last edited:
Excellent Assumption.

Now that you've gotten the laughs.......seriously.

When Tesla found their own battery pack snafu....the Highest VIN thread was sitting at about 1500. Now ( a month later ) the count is sitting at about 2500. That's 1K cars in the past month. That's 250 cars a week.

I ask again......where are they going to "store" all of those parts only making 250 cars a week?

Then again 5000 per month might make sense if they are tires or rims since you need 4 per car.

They probably still have some space in the factory itself (for now), but they also have a new gigantic storage facility right next to the line. This is an older pic under construction, and I'm hearing it's done now or "done enough" to store stuff:
arg-tesla-0811-04.jpg

So there are two possibilities right there.