Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla targeting women with the Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X | Tesla Motors

Model X is designed from the ground up to blend the best of an SUV with the benefits of a minivan, as only an electric car can. It is an automobile above category, built around the driver—and six of her friends. It artfully provides unfettered performance and brilliant functionality.

seems odd for them to include the "her" verbage when referring to the driver?

Screen Shot 2012-07-21 at 4.04.54 PM.png

So 1) I hope they knock off the discussions of 'targeting women', as if we need something different from men, and 2) why is using 'her' any more offensive than the countless examples of using 'him'? Seriously?

why not just use six of "their friends"...Its not offensive just odd never seen something like that before

This isn't new. If you watch the reveal video you'll see that many of things highlighted have a woman-centric point of view, such as being able to put in a car seat by just setting it down. There are also write-ups stating that women had a big part in the design of the Model X.

I live by a school and the vehicle I see dropping off kid's is the SUV. It's really no contest, probably 80% SUV and it's women who are driving these SUV's. The Tesla Model X is the perfect fit in this scenario; short commute, cool and sporty car with lots of room for their kids and their gear (books and backpacks). So it doesn't surprise me that Tesla is going after this same demography that I see everyday using other manufacturer's SUV's .

This isn't new. If you watch the reveal video you'll see that many of things highlighted have a woman-centric point of view, such as being able to put in a car seat by just setting it down. There are also write-ups stating that women had a big part in the design of the Model X.

Uhh, based upon the number of times my wife installed car seats in our demised minivan vs her having me perform that unpleasant task, that just means the Model X is easier on the installer... gender neutral.

But I guess that means from a typical stereotyped advertiser's viewpoint, the belabored wife has to bother the overworked husband less often, since she can put the car seats in by herself! :confused:

seems odd for them to include the "her" verbage when referring to the driver?
The "PC generation" started overcompensating for gender guilt by replacing "him" with "her" 15 years ago or so. Even when the "him" refers a football player. I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk replace started talking about "her condom fit" in some literature. It's really a bit absurd, IMO.

Anyway, I don't read anything into Tesla doing it for the X.

The "PC generation" started overcompensating for gender guilt by replacing "him" with "her" 15 years ago or so. Even when the "him" refers a football player. I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk replace started talking about "her condom fit" in some literature. It's really a bit absurd, IMO.

Anyway, I don't read anything into Tesla doing it for the X.

Was going to make this point. Pick up any computer programming book and you'll find the use "she" and "her" more often than not. Even though like 90% of Comp Sci majors are male.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2