TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Taxis in Tokyo

Discussion in 'Japan' started by dozodomo, Jan 21, 2017.

1. dozodomo

dozodomo Member

Spotted this today around Marunouchi. Have seen 2 or 3 of these now, I think from the same company MK Taxis. The passengers looked like they were having a full explanation while in it too! Might increase the knowledge of the car here and also a nice way of getting hands on with it.

Anybody ridden in the Tesla taxi?

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Does the back door open and close automatically? (May be I should say "auto-presenting" ?)

Note: I didn't see any sign on the roof?

[​IMG]

3. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

I have seen MK taxi (corporate taxi driver) and one white and blue multi colored individual taxi using Tesla. The rear doors should be auto open auto close, as nobody here touches the door!

4. ig_epower

ig_epower Member

Notice that most of the cars and trucks in Tokyo are pristine in nature? At least that was my impression. They are usually spotless but I haven't seen a car with a dent or scratch on it when I was there in September '16. The cabbies also usually wear white gloves if you notice.

• Like x 1
  5. JayInJapan

JayInJapan Member

I saw the one and only Tesla taxi (at the time) two years ago at the Totsuka service center. I took a photo of it but can't find it right now. I believe it was a Yokohama-based company, so it's good to hear Teslas are expanding in use for business.

6. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Supporting Member

Peninsula Tokyo hotel also has a green Tesla hotel car. If you stay there you can ask them to take you to whatever places, in a Tesla (I think $$$).

7. JayInJapan

JayInJapan Member

We thought about staying there one time, but our sanity returned to us. It's a cool shade of green!

• Like x 1