Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Teams with Ruby Tuesday For Supercharger Installs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the best food but certainly not the worst. I would stop in for a bite while charging at these restaurants!

Tesla Teams With Ruby Tuesday For Supercharger Installs
I'm guessing these will be two-bay, or at most four-bay, arrangements. Any more would make no sense.
Do you suppose there will be an express or implied obligation to patronize RT when using these?
I hope they prioritize locations that are a) not near existing SpCs and b) not near near-term-planned Tesla SpC locations.

I'm guessing these will be two-bay, or at most four-bay, arrangements. Any more would make no sense.
Do you suppose there will be an express or implied obligation to patronize RT when using these?
I hope they prioritize locations that are a) not near existing SpCs and b) not near near-term-planned Tesla SpC locations.
Any more makes perfect sense, if it's in the vicinity of where Tesla wanted to put a supercharger and would have been scouting locations to negotiate. It just makes the process easier when the site is already willing. I don't think Tesla is going to be putting in 2 or 4 bay superchargers anywhere. There's no more of an obligation to eat there than at any other establishment that provides space in the parking lot for a supercharger-- but I always try to patronize them.

Not the best food but certainly not the worst. I would stop in for a bite while charging at these restaurants! Tesla Teams With Ruby Tuesday For Supercharger Installs

Very interesting.........food desirability aside, the locations are generally good, not major freeway dependent and cater to a broader demographic echoing the order book. TSLA perhaps recognizing that incorporating a DC type of network would appeal to future buyers willing to add the SC option.

I'm curious if this is an actual expansion as in sites not planned, but if it's simply an agreement with them because it fits the current supercharger expansion plans.

Like the one in Miner, MO looks like any other supercharger. 8 bays right off the freeway.

Any more makes perfect sense, if it's in the vicinity of where Tesla wanted to put a supercharger and would have been scouting locations to negotiate.
That may be true from Tesla's perspective, but not from RT's. Unless you want people to be routinely ICEing these spots, they're
basically parking spots that are prohibited to the overwhelming majority of RT's customers. Why would RT want to have more of
those than "necessary"?

That may be true from Tesla's perspective, but not from RT's. Unless you want people to be routinely ICEing these spots, they're
basically parking spots that are prohibited to the overwhelming majority of RT's customers. Why would RT want to have more of
those than "necessary"?
How is this different than any other location where Tesla has placed superchargers in the past 3 years? Hotels and restaurants give up parking spaces that aren't used heavily and when cars park there to charge a percentage of them will patronize the establishment. It's just that rather than making these deals from scratch one at a time, Tesla has a starting point with these locations. There are moe than 600 Ruby Tuesday restaurants. I expect only a small percentage of these will get superchargers, the ones that are in areas where superchargers would have gone anyway, and they'll be no different than any other supercharge stations.

Considering that superchargers are mainly aimed at people doing road trips, it would make the most sense to prioritize Ruby Tuesday stores that are located close to interstates, rather than in congested downtown areas.

And while they are at it, I would love to see a Tesla SC presence at:
  • Cracker Barrel
  • Travel Centers of America truck stops (they are quite nice & have the Iron Skillet restaurants)
  • Bob Evans
  • All Hilton properties, including Hampton Inns

Think big.

How is this different than any other location where Tesla has placed superchargers in the past 3 years? Hotels and restaurants give up parking spaces that aren't used heavily and when cars park there to charge a percentage of them will patronize the establishment. It's just that rather than making these deals from scratch one at a time, Tesla has a starting point with these locations. There are moe than 600 Ruby Tuesday restaurants. I expect only a small percentage of these will get superchargers, the ones that are in areas where superchargers would have gone anyway, and they'll be no different than any other supercharge stations.
How many existing SpCs are in restaurant parking lots? There may be some, but every one I'm aware of is in the (much larger) parking
lot of a much bigger establishment.