TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Test Drive in Winding Road Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by tonybelding, Oct 3, 2006.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

The October issue of Winding Road is available for download now, and they have six pages of Tesla Roadster coverage, including some very attractive seaside photos of the car, new info and the best "test drive" report yet seen. Check it: http://windingroad.com/

The report is really glowing. Examples:

". . . so the power delivery is immediate, silent, and huge."

". . .you can hear the tires grabbing California for all they're worth, slamming the car through corner after corner on a near-race-quality suspension system that feels like a Lotus Elise."

"It seems to know where you want to go, and how fast, before you do."

"The net result is pure driving pleasure; since you're not constantly up- and down-shifting through a typical six-speed sports-car box, you can keep your hands on the wheel, your eyes on the road, and your foot on the floor."

I have to quibble with the headline at the beginning of the article which reads, "Its only major flaw is the $89,000 price tag." That's a bit ironic considering they reviewed a Bugatti Veyron and a McLaren F1 in the same issue!

This issue also has a 9-page report on the US-made version of the Ariel Atom, which is the basis from which the Wrightspeed X1 was derived.

2. danny

danny Administrator

In my opinion its not a very expensive car. You get lotus elise handling, ferrari F430 acceleration, great styling, decent interior for 89k. Thats a car that will out acclerate and out handle a Carrera 4S for the same price i think.
    Anyways, I really hope it handles as good as the lotus in upcoming roadtests. What I dont understand is why with the extra weight it seems to use the same exact width tires. Hopefully they'll offer a sports package with bigger tires