Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (the company) killing itself slowly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you owned a high end German car - most blow through brakes ( pads and rotors ) in 20K miles
Funny you say that, I was told our Beema needed new rotors at 33,000kms (so yeah about 20K miles), I asked the service guy if he was having a laugh. I told them no chance they are swapping those over with that many miles on them, I actually think they are preying on the gullible. I know someone with that same brand that got conned in to 4 new tires at 5,000 kms...she just believed it to be true.

A bit off topic but I have a service that I know will need a SC visit. Used the app and it has assigned me a mobile tech 10 days out which is an acceptable time. I even put comments in that this is service that will need a SC visit (replace air strut that was not done previously).

So two things could happen:
  1. The mobile tech could come on the assigned day and determine he cannot fix the car and Tesla will have to find another day 1 to 2 weeks out again
  2. Or I suspect Tesla might wait until the day before, call me and then determine I need a SC visit so the same 1 to 2 week rule will apply again
If I just had a person to talk to who could review my past service history and the associated problem I would save Tesla and me a lot of time and headache.

Reactions: alcibiades
They are actually scheduled pretty far out, at least around here, just like all dealerships. The app is pretty convenient to schedule an appointment but because its not within your time frame it's not ok? How does that make any sense? This is the real world and everyone of us has to wait for service and it's on there schedule since they are the service center. I just dont understand why it's so hard to understand for alot of entitled people. And I'm not necessarily talking about you but in general it seems like the ones that complain the most are entitled snobs and they expect special service or attention just because they paid 6 figures for a car.
I'm sorry, clearly my English isn't good enough for you, unless, of course, you see only what you want to see and respond for the sake of response. And yes, FYI all dealers I ever dealt with accomodated my request for time and/or a loaner and it wasn't that far off, a week at most if we need a loaner.
Where "entitled" comes from? Inferiority complex?
Look, a lot of members in this and other similar threads post their justified negative experiences with Tesla service and only a few zealots trying to prove them wrong by posting laughable excuses. Think just for a minute, maybe we have valid reasons, not because we feel"entitled"?

>>I just dont understand why it's so hard to understand for alot of entitled people. And I'm not necessarily talking about you but in general it seems like the ones that complain the most are entitled snobs and they expect special service or attention just because they paid 6 figures for a car.<<

Leaving aside the "most are entitled snobs" bit, which is something of a straw man, anyone who has paid six figures for anything is entitled to have better service than someone who has paid a small fraction of that.

My order here in Australia is for a long range S and costs $163,000 (including around $30k tax) and I would hope that the car is up to what I believe the majority here attest and not the ones who have a host of issues. But in any case I certainly expect any problems to be addressed in the same manner as those in a Honda or BMW would be.

Reactions: Darren Donovan
I'm sorry, clearly my English isn't good enough for you, unless, of course, you see only what you want to see and respond for the sake of response. And yes, FYI all dealers I ever dealt with accomodated my request for time and/or a loaner and it wasn't that far off, a week at most if we need a loaner.
Where "entitled" comes from? Inferiority complex?
Look, a lot of members in this and other similar threads post their justified negative experiences with Tesla service and only a few zealots trying to prove them wrong by posting laughable excuses. Think just for a minute, maybe we have valid reasons, not because we feel"entitled"?
Like I said it wasnt directed at but clearly you didnt see that which doesn't surprise me one bit. Tell me what valid reasons you have that makes your issue more important than others.

This is exactly the attitude I was speaking too. You are so off base with this thinking and you are clearly part of the problem if you truly believe this.

Why? Many people don't buy luxury vehicles just for the car, but for the services that come with it too. It's the same with most other luxury expenditures, e.g. luxury hotels, first class tickets, etc. People don't pay that much for just a cushier bed or roomier seats, but for the higher level of service that comes with it as well.

It's not that people think their issues are more important, it's that they don't believe when they pay that much money that their issues need to be prioritized to that degree. If I'm eating at a corner diner, I'd understand having to wait for my water to be refilled. If I'm eating at a Michelin 3-star restaurant, I expect it to be filled when it's half empty without me even having to ask for it.

This is exactly the attitude I was speaking too. You are so off base with this thinking and you are clearly part of the problem if you truly believe this.

Off base?

Those who buy 6 figure cars are people who generally understand the value of time and expect their time to be respected. Is it too much to ask for?

Off base?

Those who buy 6 figure cars are people who generally understand the value of time and expect their time to be respected. Is it too much to ask for?
Yes. After you buy the car, you are no longer a “customer”, you are now a nuisance.

I’m joking but that’s so close to reality it’s not funny.

Just accept the fact that other people expectations and standards are higher than yours.
Not really. I just live in reality and understand the struggles of being a company that did not expand fast enough to meet demand. I dont have to constantly wine and complain about "oh my poor car has a little booboo and I demand to be put at the front of the line". Once you grow up and understand how it actually works let me know and we can have a real conversation.

Not really. I just live in reality and understand the struggles of being a company that did not expand fast enough to meet demand. I dont have to constantly wine and complain about "oh my poor car has a little booboo and I demand to be put at the front of the line". Once you grow up and understand how it actually works let me know and we can have a real conversation.
People keep saying "a company that grew too fast" as if it's some sort of a positive that excuses the situation in which Tesla finds itself.

If a company at the highest level doesn't prioritize & pace growth with support that's not a good sign for it's long-term success. This is one of the most fundamental and basic of responsibilities for the CEO of a company. We're not even talking about experience to predict what is coming (which is a big part of being CEO) but instead the ability to react to what has already happened in an effort to at least catch up retroactively to the demands that so much success brings.

If Tesla at the highest levels can't even manage success how will they prevent failure?

Bla bla. It's always the same thing. But they're a startup, but they are a disruptor, etc etc. If my Porsche had a "booboo", I am certain that it would be taken care of better and more efficiently. I don't care for your attempts to mock people who have problems with their cars. If other brands do it, you have to do it too to remain competitive. You can't offer shitty service and tell people "lol did youw caw have a booboo, awwww"

Who should care about the 'struggles of the company'? Why should or would anyone care WHY the companies' customer service sucks? When you get out of the niche market and want to be a mainstream car company you can't play that "but muh startup that's changing the worlddd" card. Tesla's customer service, pre and post-sale, is atrocious compared to other brands. I'm not even saying other luxury brands.

1. Before Model 3, it was still a niche company with pretty much only enthusiasts as customers who were more willing to overlook these problems
2. In addition, before the massive influx of Model 3 customers, customer service used to be quite a bit better.

So you're not only dealing with customers less willing to look away, but you're also serving them worse than you did the previous ones. Tesla's cars are still quite a bit better than the EV competition. At some point, and I'm not saying it's gonna be this year or the next - it could take a long time, but at some point, the other companies will catch up in car features and performance (they're already better with interior quality) and then there will be no reason to get a Tesla other than the cachet the name holds, kinda like Maserati.

The only thing that remains to be seen is - as other luxury brands are catching up with Tesla on technology, will Tesla be able to catch up with them in terms of car quality and customer experience? Because it looks to me as if Tesla is trying too hard to sell as many cars as it can every quarter to meet Wall Street numbers and struggling to meet customer demands, so it has been getting worse, not better. And with their recent bad quarter I can't imagine them being like "oh let's put more resources behind customer experience!", since the bad numbers aren't coming from that but from the number of cars they sell and the money they make from selling those cars. It's going the wrong way and I don't know how it will get any better.

Not making excuses at all. Its just the reality of the situation. I've worked for 2 startups in the last 15 years and both are still going strong but that does not mean we didnt struggle to keep our growth and service in balance. If you have never been in the situation that tesla is how can you even speak to it? They could ramp up service but other parts of the business would suffer and then you have the complaints for not making enough cars, not being innovative enough, not listening to customers, etc etc. You will never please everyone.

How long has Porsche, Mercedes, bmw, Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc been around? Do you honestly think they did it any better when they released there first mass production car? Model S and X were not mass production and still aren't.

Sometimes the truth hurts and some people have a hard time with that.

I see all OEM's struggle to meet the service demands on a daily basis. Sure some people have zero issues and there problems are taken care of quickly but there are a bunch of people who have their vehicle sit there for weeks waiting on a part. This isn't a new problem but if it directly effects you then it seems like your issue is the only one that matters and people feel like they need to be taken care of and they dont care about others in front of them. This world is filled with entitled people.

Tesla knows there service sucks in a lot of areas but please tell us all what they can, will, should do without drastically effecting the rest of the company in a negative way.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911