Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Theater blank screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok so here is the cause of the problem, when tesla added the Swedish language pack it has 3 extra letters that cause this bug to appear. Now to fix the bug just go to the "about your tesla screen" on your MCU screen and rename your car " Rabbit of Caerbannog" (no "" marks) you will now get the Monty Python easter egg and the theater will now work just fine . You can go back and change the name back to your old name once you see that youtube, netflicks, etc are back

Still same problem .. so annoying .. intried to rename the car and all other circus .. but still blank theater screen…

I recently noticed when I switch to Tesla Theater I am presented with a blank screen. I have tried the scroll wheel reboot but same results. I am on Firmware version 2021.4.18.3.

Anyone else with this same problem?

View attachment 687477
Use the Monty Python fix. Change your car name to The Rabbit of Caerbannog and the Monty Python got will appear.

All the apps will reappear.

You can then change your car name back

I recently noticed when I switch to Tesla Theater I am presented with a blank screen. I have tried the scroll wheel reboot but same results. I am on Firmware version 2021.4.18.3.

Anyone else with this same problem?

View attachment 687477
I found the solution just change your language to any other language the car will reset then choose back your old language again the cover reset but the theater will appear again

Attachments

• 16329830195252109842894961609305.jpg
    16329830195252109842894961609305.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 135
ok so here is the cause of the problem, when tesla added the Swedish language pack it has 3 extra letters that cause this bug to appear. Now to fix the bug just go to the "about your tesla screen" on your MCU screen and rename your car " Rabbit of Caerbannog" (no "" marks) you will now get the Monty Python easter egg and the theater will now work just fine . You can go back and change the name back to your old name once you see that youtube, netflicks, etc are back

This worked a treat! Thanks so much. No idea how you found out that...

2022 Model Y here on 2022.4.5.17 and just started having this problem. Tried scroll wheel reset and power off method and nothing worked.

As suggested in this thread, changed the language to Spanish then back to English and it worked immediately! Now I don't have to wait weeks for a service appointment. Thanks all you guys rock.

I literally cannot believe this worked. I was running 2022.4.5.17 and could not access theater no matter what I did over multiple days. Software update to 2022.8.3 today and still same issue.

Tried this and it worked unbelievably. Thank you!