Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, this is what the production Model 3 should look like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post, hopefully I put it in the right spot

Anyways I really like the looks and styling of the Model 3 overall. Tesla did an outstanding job and obviously once production starts it will look significantly better. However, personally I'm not a huge fan of the blunted front end and other minor aspects. The front looks a little off and something needs to change. Whether it would be incorporating a nose cone, or rounding out the front it would look much better than it's current state.

I decided to do some work on the Model 3 in photoshop and spent quite a bit of time doing it. What I mainly did was include the Model X nose cone, played with the dimensions of the car so it's not as bubbly (almost like a Model S), and altered the lighting and depth to blend these changes in. Let me know what you think, or what else I should alter. The original image I used was from Tesla's site.

Attachments

• Tesla Model 3 Redesign Final.png
    Tesla Model 3 Redesign Final.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,439
Obviously this is all opinion but I too questioned the nose...at least at first.... but it's grown on me. Seeing the short video of it 'on the streets' was very calming for me because it looked amazing. I'll take it as is and actually fear any major changes (I remember what Chevy did w/ that Volt)

I think you might be going too far with changing dimensions and rounding out the front... Ease of production must remain a major consideration. That said your rendering looks great.

Elon said there'd be some things that evolve. I'd think the nose, the dash and maybe something with the trunk opening/rear roof glass would be my focus areas.

Reactions: JJoynt
Your version is a pretty looking car. Probably up there inside the 10% best looking cars on the road. However what I like about the Tesla' s version is it's more futuristic and unusual. People are used to a grill on the front of the car for cooling and breathing of the combustion engine. However the electric car does not need that so why add a small grill on a electric car? Just so you make it look more like what we are used too? When you think about it it's a fake it's not functional. It's just cosmetic. It would be just there to blend in with combustion cars instead of being what it is. That's why I love the Teslas gusty design because it's no pretend and it looks like the future. I'm confident the design will grow on you. Some people just don't like change.

Your version is a pretty looking car. Probably up there inside the 10% best looking cars on the road. However what I like about the Tesla' s version is it's more futuristic and unusual. People are used to a grill on the front of the car for cooling and breathing of the combustion engine. However the electric car does not need that so why add a small grill on a electric car? Just so you make it look more like what we are used too? When you think about it it's a fake it's not functional. It's just cosmetic. It would be just there to blend in with combustion cars instead of being what it is. That's why I love the Teslas gusty design because it's no pretend and it looks like the future. I'm confident the design will grow on you. Some people just don't like change.
It's not a grill, its just the Tesla logo on a black background. And if the lip is required for pedestrian safety then this wouldn't violate that.

I like this a lot. The blunt nose is my only styling reservation on the model 3 and this fixes it.

This tweak plus maybe an i3-style pod in front of the steering wheel for basic speed and SOC info to augment the 15" screen would make the car just about perfect to my eyes.