TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Time is real!

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by adiggs, Mar 14, 2013.

1. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

My new roadster, #969, was delivered today. I don't even get to leave the parking lot where the driver drops off the car when he asks
    "so what is it?".
    "it's a Tesla".
    "Yeah, but who makes it - Toyota".
    "No - Tesla. Believe it or not, they're a California car company"

I figured there must be people out there who haven't heard of Tesla. I didn't expect literally the first strangers I would talk to around the Roadster not to know :)

Pictures and stuff will follow. 969 needs a bath before being presented in public.

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Congratulations. Enjoy your new Roadster :)

3. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

Certified Pre Owned I'm guessing? I'm curious to how good of a job they do on making them look brand new.

4. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

Congrats! I think you're going to dig it! I put on almost 5,000 miles in the first three months and I'm retired! :biggrin:

5. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

I found it private market, at a dealership in New Jersey. They detailed it there, but after the cross country journey in an enclosed trailer (note - enclosed apparently means "sides made of tarp"), the car needed a good bath.

Or two.

I think I'm going to dig it too. The solar panels got switched on about a month ago. I figure I have about 500 miles of electricity accumulated - I need to burn some of that up :)

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Tell your Porsche friends you bought "969" and that will be a fun lunch conversation.
    Porsche 969 - Wikicars

7. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

The solar panels got switched on about a month ago. I figure I have about 500 miles of electricity accumulated - I need to burn some of that up :)[/QUOTE]

That might not take very long! :biggrin:
    Have fun!

8. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

My 3.5-year-old Roadster doesn't get nearly as much attention around Seattle and the East side as it used to.

But today I was driving through University Place (about 50 miles South, near Tacoma - many fewer Teslas down there) on a nice day. I was at a stoplight and a car in the next lane went past me...then reversed, stopped next to me and rolled down his window. He asked a few questions, thanked me and moved forward. The car behind him stopped next to me, rolled down his window, asked some questions, and moved on. Then a third car pulled up next to me...but the light changed, so I only got to answer two sets of questions at that light.

adiggs, I'm glad you finally got one. You should post at least one pic of the car dirty!

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Chad, you should probably remove the "Ask me about my Tesla" bumper sticker I put on your Roadster at the Audi event.

10. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

I spent 30 minutes with the Fedex guy yesterday showing him the car. I really think he wanted to park the truck and go for a ride but I had an appointment. So if your box was late, or undelivered in Franklin County Indiana blame Tesla.