Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to allow preferred routes in navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is basic navigation functionality that should have been there from day 1. The fact we're still begging for this all these years later is pretty sad.
it would be nice to have it in my other car too but i didnt complain to the manufacturer after i bought the car to have them put it in. my view is different. glad to have occasional new features put in for free in my tesla:)

it would be nice to have it in my other car too but i didnt complain to the manufacturer after i bought the car to have them put it in. my view is different. glad to have occasional new features put in for free in my tesla:)
I used to think the same way, and still do in general. Unfortunately the features also go away just as easily, not t mention actual vital functions like battery capacity and charging rate reductions.

• Helpful
Reactions: T-Mom
Looks like Tesla is working on more navigation options to allow us to customize our route. That's going be a very useful feature.

Tesla to allow preferred routes in Autopilot, hints Elon Musk

I have done many "Bug Reports" and emails for this. I have the "Maximum" setting for route planning deviation and it still attempts to reroute me on my morning commute many times because of traffic. The problem is I use the HOV / PayPerUse lane (free for BEV's) and it is never the same as the other 5 lanes. Even though there would almost never be a more than 30 minute delay in the HOV lane it is still persistent in it's nagging to exit the freeway. This also makes using NOA a reeeeeal nuisance so I just don't use it anymore.

In case you were wondering I DO have "Use HOV Lanes" selected in the navigation settings.

Last edited:
I have down many "Bug Reports" and emails for this. I have the "Maximum" setting for route planning deviation and it still attempts to reroute me on my morning commute many times because of traffic. The problem is I use the HOV / PayPerUse lane (free for BEV's) and it is never the same as the other 5 lanes. Even though there would almost never be a more than 30 minute delay in the HOV lane it is still persistent in it's nagging to exit the freeway. This also makes using NOA a reeeeeal nuisance so I just don't use it anymore.

In case you were wondering I DO have "Use HOV Lanes" selected in the navigation settings.

Well, maybe the new preferred routes setting will fix this?

Reactions: boonedocks