Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla to Bring Calendar Sync to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A calendar integration feature available on the Tesla Model S and Model X will soon be available to Model 3 owners, Chief Executive Elon Musk said in a tweet.

The feature syncs the user’s phone calendar to show scheduled events for the next 48 hours on the car’s main touchscreen. If the calendar event includes an address, a navigation arrow displays to indicate that the user can touch the address to navigate to the event’s location. The feature also displays any phone number associated with the calendar event.

When an event on the calendar takes place within the next hour and has a specific location, the navigation system suggests the best route.

Since its introduction more than a year ago, the Model 3 has gained a few features initially exclusive to the brand’s flagship vehicles. For instance, the Model 3 has gained heated rear seats and auto-dimming high beams.

Tesla is expected to drop a significant software update in coming weeks, so it will be interesting to see if there are more surprise features. Among the most anticipated improvements is the first release of Full Self-Driving features. There’s also plans for some fun mixed in with function, as Tesla previously announced a plan to offer classic Atari games like Pole Position and Missile Command that can be played on the car’s touchscreen.

Photo: YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Q for those with multi-vehicle experience: is there a way to set calendar sync per-vehicle? I only have one vehicle in my app at the moment, and there's just a switch -- but my wife's car doesn't need my calendar, and my car won't need hers.

(We have separate Tesla logins, but the cars are assigned to my login and permissioned to hers.)

The most useful thing with calendar sync on my Model S is the ability to touch the location of the event to initiate navigation. I alays put the location in my events now for this reason. Really miss this on the Model 3. As far as which calendars syncs. I’m sure it depends on which phone is connected via Bluetooth

The most useful thing with calendar sync on my Model S is the ability to touch the location of the event to initiate navigation. I alays put the location in my events now for this reason. Really miss this on the Model 3. As far as which calendars syncs. I’m sure it depends on which phone is connected via Bluetooth
I -- and I'm sure other people -- would be interested to know what phone you are using...

I don't know when it changed on the remote app (Android) but the Calendar Synch button under settings can be enabled. (Version 3.4.3)
Last time I tried this was 2-3 months ago and the button didn't do anything. Perhaps V9 will enable calendar Synch for use with navigation.

Looks like iOS version 3.4.3 was updated 3 weeks ago. Added some new Powerwall features & video guides for Model 3.
It appears that the settings are app/user specific rather than vehicle specific.
Calendar support is definitely not supported on 2018.28.5 (just double checked all settings)
Version 2018.32.2 is installing on our Model 3 now. Will look again after installation is completed and report here.
29347F4E-A6B2-4CDD-8D05-3620B1557053.png

Looks like iOS version 3.4.3 was updated 3 weeks ago. Added some new Powerwall features & video guides for Model 3.
It appears that the settings are app/user specific rather than vehicle specific.
Calendar support is definitely not supported on 2018.28.5 (just double checked all settings)
Version 2018.32.2 is installing on our Model 3 now. Will look again after installation is completed and report here.
View attachment 328992
Still no calendar support on 2018.32.2 on Model 3. Soon, I hope.