Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to build Cybertruck in Texas.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headline now says "Musk Says Texas Still in Contention for Tesla Plant." I am guessing that wasn't the original headline.

I can see the confusion with the tweet - "there" is referring to the new gigafactory but can almost seem to refer to Texas. As Miss Grammar says, it is important to eliminating structural ambiguity. The reader cannot tell whether "there" in the sentence refers to the giagfactory or to Texas. Consider revising the tweet for less ambiguity.

I dunno. Seems pretty clear to me what he meant (emphasis mine):
Not saying new Giga will be in Texas, but Cybertruck will be produced there wherever it is, as Fremont is at max capacity
He wouldn't start out by saying Giga won't necessarily be in Texas and then immediately contradict himself in the same sentence by saying it will be in Texas (as would be the case if "there" is referring to Texas). The only other misinterpretation of "there" referring to Texas would be if the new Giga won't necessarily be in Texas, but the Cybertruck definitely will be built at some other facility in Texas (rather than at the proposed Gigafactory, wherever it may end up).

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I dunno. Seems pretty clear to me what he meant (emphasis mine):

He wouldn't start out by saying Giga won't necessarily be in Texas and then immediately contradict himself in the same sentence by saying it will be in Texas (as would be the case if "there" is referring to Texas). The only other misinterpretation of "there" referring to Texas would be if the new Giga won't necessarily be in Texas, but the Cybertruck definitely will be built at some other facility in Texas (rather than at the proposed Gigafactory, wherever it may end up).

That is only cause we know the the Giga will be the same location as where they're building the Cybertruck. Not knowing that, you could assume two different factories, and while the Giga may not be in Texas, the Cybertruck will be there wherever it is [within the state of Texas].

But completely agree, you need really "creative" thinking to interpret the tweet is stating the Cybertruck is being built in Texas.

Reactions: BluestarE3