Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to cease RHD production

Onshore

Mar 8, 2020
SYD
News overnight that Tesla is ceasing RHD production and withdrawing from RHD markets globally.

Lots of questions: Will they retain the super chargers, and for how long? What EV brand will we switch to? Our cars now collectors items? Maybe they will switch to a centre drive setup like the McLaren F1? I know Muskie has one in his collection.

OKTul

Mar 8, 2021
Tulsa
News overnight that Tesla is ceasing RHD production and withdrawing from RHD markets globally.

Lots of questions: Will they retain the super chargers, and for how long? What EV brand will we switch to? Our cars now collectors items? Maybe they will switch to a centre drive setup like the McLaren F1? I know Muskie has one in his collection.
Link?

Reactions: GreenT

Fred42

Dec 24, 2018
Pennsylvania

Was this a Voltswagen press release?

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2020 3 P19"
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
What's next? The US moves to metric?
The U.S.A. should make a deal with the rest of the world. Make English the official international language, and in exchange the U.S.A. will officially switch to the metric system and encourage any other holdouts to as well. It's past time for the U.S. to switch to metric and past time for an international language to be made official (so we can finally have an international standard for human communication). It's a big ask to convert the entire U.S. to metric and make all the entitled brats here get comfortable with it, and many things like programming languages are already primarily geared towards English, so seems like a reasonable deal to me.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT

cafz

Jul 17, 2020
Australia
The U.S.A. should make a deal with the rest of the world. Make English the official international language, and in exchange the U.S.A. will officially switch to the metric system and encourage any other holdouts to as well.
But English isn't even the official language of the USA?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC